You are a safety-focused Pipeline Technician with previous One-Call or Damage prevention experience. Working independently or under the direction of the leader or a senior team member, you will be responsible to triage and complete Quebec Info-Excavation activities, act as onsite inspector for facility crossings and excavations, and, participate in proactive pipeline damage prevention activities.
Ledcor Pipeline is based out of Edmonton, AB, but for this position, you will be providing services to our clients in Eastern Canada.
Join the Ledcor team in Quebec today!
- Triage and respond to Ontario and Quebec One Call requests
- Locate pipelines in accordance with operating procedures using industry standard locating equipment
- Act as onsite representative for ground disturbance work encroaching on client assets
- Act as onsite representative for foreign crossings of our natural gas pipeline
- Proactively identify encroachment areas of concern
- Work with contractors and other stakeholders to mitigate risk
- Utilize SAP to meet deadlines and priorities
- Assist other technicians at various client facilities by performing routine operating and maintenance duties
- With minimal direction, utilize and maintain prints
- Operate and maintain test equipment
- Provide active control duties as it pertains to overseeing project activities and the management of contractor activities
- Respond to emergency situations
- Experience with Quebec Info-Excavation and locating underground utilities
- Experience inspecting/managing foreign crossings of pipeline infrastructure
- Excellent work safety record and a safe work attitude
- Possess and maintain a valid driver's license and clean 3-years driver's abstract
- Must be able to complete pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
- Bilingual French/English
- Previous experience in the oil and natural gas industry is an asset
- Previous experience in locating underground facilities
- Excellent interpersonal and organization skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work effectively in a team environment and independently
- Job primarily located out of Les Cedres, QC or Candiac, QC
- Travel to various locations across Eastern Ontario and Quebec. Some overnight stays away from home will be required for this position, living out allowance provided as needed
- Benefits provided by CLAC
Ledcor Pipeline offers a unique set of pipeline services unmatched anywhere in the oil and gas industry. From pipeline construction to investigative digs and subcontractor management, we are accustomed to operating in challenging terrain, and we maintain some of the largest pipeline networks in the world.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Sep 16, 2021
1060 du Fleuve Road, Les Cedres, QC, Canada