You are an experienced Foreman with Heavy Civil Mining expertise. Your leadership skills are apparent in the safe work practices and quality of work performed by your crew. You will be responsible for implementing the field aspects of the agreed upon project plan and schedule, which includes quality control, safety, and the delegation of work to field employees.
Apply today to join the Ledcor Heavy Civil Mining team in Nunavut! This is a camp-based position with supplied chartered flights.
- Ensures overall compliance of Ledcor's health, safety, and environmental standards as well as occupational health and safety regulations daily
- Demonstrates ability to lead teams effectively in the day to day execution of the work by managing resources, equipment, and labour
- Reports to the Superintendent any problems or unforeseen issues that could affect the project plan
- Coordinates and communicates with the other Foreman and plant personnel to ensure the correct sequencing of operations
- Completes daily paperwork and conduct daily toolbox talks
- Inspects equipment regularly and ensure preventative maintenance schedules are followed
- Ensures ongoing maintenance of haul roads to agreed standards
- 8 – 10 years of supervisory experience of which a minimum of 5 years should be in mine operations
- Combination of work experience in a similar role and industry related trade certification / education
- A strong safety record and the ability to work with a variety of individuals
- Ability to adapt information and communication style to the audience
- Skilled at promoting teamwork to establish consensus among team and stakeholders
- Familiar with mining/heavy civil/infrastructure construction methodology and practices
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license and a clean driver’s abstract
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
- Applicants who reside within Nunavut will be given preference due to the location of this project
- 20/10, 21/21 rotation work schedule; working 11.5 hours per day.
- Must be open to night shifts
- Work will be primarily outdoors in various weather conditions
Ledcor builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We’re experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance. Our vast projects include: full-scale contract mining, earthworks, foundations, national highways, bridges, roads, waterways, dams, airports, underground utilities, independent power projects and site reclamation.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Jun 18, 2021
., Iqalui, NU, Canada