You are a Superintendent with Heavy Civil Mining experience. You have strong leadership skills to provide guidance to project staff and are responsible for the smooth functioning of day-to-day operations. You are a driven individual, who continuously looks for opportunities to learn and grow.
Apply today to join the Ledcor Heavy Civil Mining team in Nunavut! This is a camp-based position with supplied chartered flights.
- Ensures that projects are built / mined according to approved plans, specifications and applicable policies and procedures and that efficiency in labour and materials maintain high quality standards
- Ensures that site safety measures meet or exceed the parameters set out by corporate safety manual, safety plan, client requirements or any other authorities
- Reviews, maintains and updates the construction / mining schedule and ensures milestone and production targets are met
- Reviews subtrade/supplier invoices against the field purchase orders and report any discrepancies to the Project Manager or the accounting department
- Hires and manages hourly employees as required to complete the project in consultation with the Project Manager and maintains, approves and submits hourly time cards with all necessary details for job costing purposes
- Prepares field change orders to be signed by project owner or representative when requested
- Conducts daily and weekly planning meetings with Maintenance and Operations to ensure equipment is being properly maintained while ensuring operational requirements are met
- 5-10 years of experience as a Superintendent, Project Manager or similar direct supervisory role in a mining environment
- Solid understanding of heavy civil construction/mining practices
- Ability to plan and manage to a project schedule
- Capacity to understand and interpret stakeholder needs and identify solutions to non-routine tasks or queries
- Skilled at promoting teamwork to establish consensus among team and stakeholders
- Capable of identifying key issues and patterns in moderately complex situations and spotting new, less obvious solutions
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license and a clean driver's abstract
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol testing
- Applicants who reside within Nunavut will be given preference due to the location of this project
- 20/10, 21/21 rotation work schedule; working 11.5 hours per day.
- Must be open to night shifts
- Work will be primarily outdoors in various weather conditions
Ledcor builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We’re experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance. Our vast projects include: full-scale contract mining, earthworks, foundations, national highways, bridges, roads, waterways, dams, airports, underground utilities, independent power projects and site reclamation.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Jun 18, 2021
., Iqalui, NU, Canada