You are an experienced environmental professional who has experience on infrastructure construction projects. As the Environmental Lead you will provide advice and recommendations to the Project Team managing environmental risks and risk mitigation solutions.
Apply today to join our team in the Vancouver area!
- Reviewing and updating environmental standards and requirements, including creating and updating technical guidelines. Actively managing project teams to successfully deliver projects by specifying deliverables, timelines, and quality expectations, making effective recommendations, and providing regular project status updates (monthly/weekly/daily environmental progress reporting).
- Focusing on ensuring consistency and quality in environmental compliance across the Project team, including refining and updating project management policies, procedures, and tools, and providing training, coaching, mentoring and day-to-day supervision of Environmental team members
- Responsible for scheduling and monitoring activities to coincide with construction activities
- Facilitate meetings and/or training sessions to ensure team is aware of the environmental protection plan and procedures
- Maintain a full understanding of the environmental requirements, including necessary permits and authorizations, best management practices, and the requirements of the Environmental Management Plan and Environmental Work Plans are in place. Establish control measures to mitigate risks identified in the plans and work operations management and staff to ensure compliance with these plans
- Provide advice to the project supervisory team on the implementation of recommendations from environmental documentation, corrective actions/ resolutions, or issues that have an impact on the project including schedule.
- Post-Secondary education in one of the Earth Sciences disciplines (i.e. Biology, Geography, Forestry, Agriculture) or Diploma in Environmental Technology
- Registered or eligible to be registered as a professional in good standing with one or more of Engineers and Geoscientists of BC (P. Eng., or P. Geo.), British Columbia Institute of Agrologists (P.Ag.), College of Applied Biology (R.P.Bio.), or ECO Canada (EP) is an asset.
- Industry experience in environmental management, including risk assessment, regulatory compliance, environmental investigations, and environmental planning and policy development. Extensive knowledge and experience in environmental best practices and of federal and provincial environmental legislation and laws
- 5+ years of experience in an environmental coordinator role
- Previous field experience providing environmental oversight of heavy civil or infrastructure construction projects
- Experience working with Environmental Management Systems (ISO 14001) and conducting audits.
- Erosion, contaminated soils and sediment control planning and implementation knowledge preferred
- Environmental monitoring skills required
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Jun 25, 2021
1067 West Cordova Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada