You are an accomplished Safety Coordinator with 2-5 years of experience on ICI commercial construction and/or mid to high rise residential construction projects. You excel in partnering with front line supervisors and operations staff to meet and exceed Ledcor's safety standards on project sites. You are looking to diversify your experience with a company that has a strong safety culture that goes above and beyond regulatory standards to be an industry leader. You can expect to work on challenging projects with diverse and collaborative teams to meet and exceed Ledcor's safety standards.
Join our building team in Toronto, ON today!
- Implements and maintains Ledcor systems and procedures including maintaining inventory of hazardous products, first aid and personal protective equipment on site; and maintaining, filing project record.
- Ensures all sub-contractor documentation is on site and follow-up on missing document
- Books, organizes and conducts safety training, prepares materials, and conducts Ledcor site specific health and safety orientations for new site employees and sub-contractor
- Supports the project team in applying defined criteria to review sub-contractor’s safety programs and provide ongoing assistance to site team and sub-contractors
- Attends Foreman's meetings and Joint Health and Safety Committee (JHSC) meeting
- Provides assistance and acts as a resource to project site and management personnel
- Maintains all site health and safety documentation including sub-contractor documentation, health and safety inspections, audits, daily hazard assessments, Safety Data Sheets (SDS), toolbox talks, job hazard analysis, engineer drawings and safe work procedures
- Identifies corrective action to be taken when unsafe acts are identified during an inspection process; assists in resolving any issues of non-compliance; and provides education to supervisors, sub-contractors, and project site personnel in matters of health and safety
- Maintains a working knowledge of, and provides consultative advice to project site personnel on, the interpretation of the Ontario Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) act and regulations, (MOL, MOE, TSSA, WHMIS regulations) as they relate to both public and work-site safety
- Maintains positive and professional working relationships while interfacing and communicating with regulatory authorities, all levels of management, clients, consultants, contacts and visitors to promote safety
- Assists with COR audit on the project
- Administers first aid services to all personnel on the worksite as necessary
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- 2-5+ years of health & safety experience or combination of health & safety and trades experience; commercial construction and/or residential hi-rise construction experience preferred
- Possesses or is working towards CRSP or NCSO
- Proven experience applying OH&S act and regulations, workplace hazard identification / elimination and health promotion activities on the project
- Strong attention to detail, communication and writing skills; confident interacting with key contacts in verbal, written and electronic form
- Ability to identify problems/issues, generate solutions, dissolve conflict, and make sound decisions using standard procedures
- Proven skills in probing and listening carefully and presenting information clearly in an appropriate style
- Demonstrated willingness to contribute actively in team activities, sharing experiences and ideas. Teamwork is essential in this role
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all personnel and Ledcor business matters
- Strong computer background including experience with MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Must have and maintain a valid provincial driver's license
- Site based position
- Working outdoors and indoors depending on project requirements is required
Ledcor Building offers full-service construction for commercial, residential, institutional, and light industrial projects, along with expertise in green building. Our depth of knowledge and expertise come from building hundreds of projects – of all sizes – across North America each year.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Jun 26, 2021
344 Bathurst St, Toronto, ON, Canada