You are a Utility Locator who takes pride in accurately locating underground facilities. You have experience working independently and enjoy working outdoors. This is a six-month fixed-term full-time opportunity.
Join Ledcor Technical Services today in Southern Manitoba!
- Interprets job order tickets
- Reads blueprints and maps
- Plans travel routes between urban and rural areas
- Operates testing equipment to pinpoint the location of underground utilities
- Monitors equipment (excavators etc.) to ensure facilities are not damaged
- Creates drawings using Visio
- Experience locating underground facilities or working with outside plant fiber optics is an asset
- Self-Motivated, ability to prioritize and organize workloads with little direction
- Experience with telecommunications and wiring is an asset
- A positive, “can-do” attitude and customer focused approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy and sincerity
- Strong desire to learn new technologies
- Team player with both excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Adhere to Ledcor’s strict safety practices in a “Think Safety, Work Safely” environment
- Must be a computer savvy, able to handle multiple computer applications
- Maintain a valid provincial driver’s license (Class 5) and must provide a driver’s abstract
- Ensure vehicle, test equipment and tools are maintained in excellent condition
- Vehicle and major tools supplied
- Work environments include different types of terrain (grass, gravel, ditches, etc.) in and around construction zones and residential, commercial, industrial and rural areas
- Able to meet the physical requirements of the position which involves sitting, standing, bending, in all types of weather conditions
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Jul 13, 2021
1340 Chevrier Blvd., Winnipeg, MB, Canada