You will play a key role in the delivery of a major package of the TMEP. You are an experienced Purchaser who's key responsibilities will be the procurement of materials, equipment and services at the best terms and overall value to Ledcor and/or its clients. You will also be responsible for developing and sustaining vendor relationships to maintain a reliable source of quality supply at the most competitive terms and building internal customer relationships through working closely with the site personnel to ensure project requirements are met.
Apply today to join our Pipeline team in Valemount & Blue River!
- Ensures that all purchase commitments issued for the project adhere to the policies and procedures of Ledcor and/or its clients and follow sound and ethical practices
- Adheres to the Procurement process, technical specification and industry standards for all purchases
- Administrates commercial negotiations and establishes agreement with vendors and service providers
- Completion of inquiry/bid phases and submittal of purchase recommendations and requests for expenditure documents in accordance with Project Controls and Client requirements
- Pro-active expediting of documents and materials per agreed terms of purchase
- Investigate and/or constructively escalate and recover from backorder or delay issues and communicate outcomes to impacted parties
- Works closely with accounting and warehouse receiving to ensure timely payment of all supplier invoices occurs against a three (3) way match
- Maintain and deliver reporting per project requirements and schedule
- 2-3 years of proven experience in a similar industry.
- SCMP designation or other relevant post-secondary diploma/degree an asset
- Industrial Construction / Mining / Heavy Civil experience would be an asset
- Strength in the commercial and ethical aspects of the procurement process
- Experience in Procurement / Enterprise systems
- Computer literate with proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Internet
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Aptitude for anticipating delays that would affect the project
- Capable of processing large volumes of paperwork in an accurate, timely and efficient manner.
- Able to project a friendly, open manner and communicate well with management, co-workers, internal customers, suppliers, and client representatives
- Adaptable to changing environments and practices continuous improvement
- Able to work well under pressure on a number of tasks with imposing deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Well organized and analytical
- Good work ethic, self-motivated, and effectively works independently or within a team environment
- Site based position - 6 days on 1 day off or other various shifts
- LOA or camp based position
- Remote locations
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Jul 15, 2021
., Valemount, BC, Canada