You are a driven and detail oriented individual looking to utilize your experience to oversee the flow of day to day functions of the Accounts Payable team. As the Accounts Payable lead you will provide exceptional attention to detail and strong leadership skills, you will be responsible for monitoring and overseeing the accurate and timely entry of data, as well as reporting within the company financial systems. This opportunity also includes staff supervision, mentoring & guidance, training and assisting with hiring and performance reviews.
Join our team in Edmonton, AB or Vancouver, BC!
- Ensure standardization and compliance of accounting policies and procedures and work to continually improve processes and procedures.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding and knowledge in the tasks required and be able to support in the completion of Accounts Payable duties when needed
- Assist the Accounts Payable team in implementing the appropriate processes to ensure all reporting is accurate & timely to contract and divisional requirements
- Respond to queries of the project/business unit managers while maintaining a strong relationship with other departments
- Ensure accuracy, completeness, and timeliness in the processing of all accounts payable related documents while insuring deadlines are met
- Provide leadership and guidance to Accounts Payable Clerks by assigning and outlining specific activities, advising on technical problems, and reviewing individual work
- Lead/Develop onboarding and training processes while providing ongoing mentorship for Accounts Payable Clerks
- Provide feedback and suggestions regarding system enhancement and functionality, ensuring input is considered from the whole Accounts Payable team
- Produce daily, weekly and monthly reporting related to the workforce and develop processes and procedures to identify anomalies
- Audit the Accounts Payable team to ensure timely and accurate KPI’s
- 5+ years experience in a similar role with 2+ years of proven leadership experience
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment, able to multi-task, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organization skills
- Relevant industry and JD Edwards experience would be an asset
- Commitment to continuous improvement and excellent customer service
- Supervisory experience would be an asset
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Jul 16, 2021
1067 West Cordova Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada