Job Description Summary
You are a Labourer looking for a flexible work schedule, and physically demanding tasks. You will play an integral part of our safety program by taking pride in a clean work environment and safety of others. You will be responsible for removing wood by-products from various Cant Mill operations, ensuring work stations are clear of debris and walkways allow for easy access
Join the Ledcor Resources & Transportation team in Chilliwack, BC today!
- Performs physical labour, including shoveling, moving debris, raking, and removing wood by-product
- Provides general clean up in work areas, as well as in enclosed spaces
- Communicating with other employees in sawmill production regarding current requirements
- Meet productivity goals in a safe and consistent manner
- May perform other related duties as assigned
- Minimum experience in sawmill industry
- Ability to prioritize and respond to challenges faced in sawmill production
- In good physical condition suited for repetitious lifting
- Must be organized, an effective communicator, quick and accurate thinker and detail orientated in all aspects of the job
- On completion of the training process candidates will undergo a final evaluation and interview prior to being promoted to the classification of a key position
- Must successfully complete pre-employment drug & alcohol testing
Ledcor Resources & Transportation combines our trucking, marine, and forestry operations to offer integrated supply chain services to British Columbia’s forestry and bioenergy industry. We produce and deliver biofuel, wood chips, and kraft pulp by land and by sea.
Learn more about our Marine Group at http://www.ledcor.com/what-we-do/transportation/marine.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Jul 16, 2021
., Mission, BC, Canada