You are an experienced Journeyman or Apprentice Carpenter who takes pride in safe work practices. If you have experience working with concrete forming, commercial construction, or within the high-rise construction environment, then take advantage of this opportunity!
Join the Ledcor Building Construction Group in Edmonton, AB!
- Understands basic commercial concrete forming and general commercial construction practices to accurately build concrete forms, scaffolding, shelters, and other structures
- Comprehends blueprint readings to prepare layouts including selecting materials, planning sequences, and methods of work, measuring and marking materials to avoid costly mistakes or omissions
- Rough and finish carpentry work
- Concrete support including heating & hoarding
- Operation of light equipment
- Installation of Doors, frames, hardware & misc. accessories
- Works with the team to ensure tasks are completed safely, correctly, and on schedule
- Checks completed units to be sure they are level, square, plumb, and the right size, shape, and location
- Must have either a Journeyperson Carpenter Ticket or a registered Carpenter Apprenticeship from a recognized provincial training authority
- Non-ticketed Carpenters must provide proof of hours relevant to the industrial carpentry trade
- Standard First Aid Level C, Fall Protection and Construction Safety Training System (CSTS) certifications is a must
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
- Must posses a valid form of government issued photo identification
- Boom/Scissor Lift or skid steer certifications considered an asset
- Aerial Work Platform (AWP) is considered an asset
- Regular work week of 44 hours
- Overtime may be required to meet construction deadlines
- Must be open to night shifts and weekend work when required
- Work will primarily be outdoors in various weather conditions
- Must be comfortable working at heights
- Benefits provided by CLAC – extended health plan (prescription drugs, dental, and other coverages)
Ledcor Building offers full-service construction for commercial, residential, institutional, and light industrial projects, along with expertise in green building. Our depth of knowledge and expertise come from building hundreds of projects – of all sizes – across North America each year.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Jul 19, 2021
7008 Roper Road NW, Edmonton, AB, Canada