As a Field Engineer working on the high-profile Transmountain Expansion Project based in the lower mainland, you will play a key role in executing a diverse range of electrical scopes. Having a background working on large resources or infrastructure project, this role will give you the chance to work on a career defining project with several years to run. You are a problem solver and continuously look for innovative solutions.
Come join our True Blue team today!
- Implements and maintains Ledcor systems and procedures at project start-up including: job site trailer/office set up, creates and maintains the project directory
- Performs general administrative and recordkeeping functions including the review and distribution of documentation; preparation of correspondence and meeting minutes, tracking of project milestones, maintenance of files, logs, drawings and specifications
- Supports the (sub) contract management process: tender and award work or material supply; review and process invoices and progress claims, and assistance with the review of documents and inquiries
- Assists with the change order process by securing pricing from the vendor/subcontractor, reviewing and inputting the data and submitting the change request to the owner/consultant for approval. Administers the change management process accordingly
- Facilitates the tracking of project milestones and financial deadlines; assistance with the creation of the project schedule; inputs and updates schedule throughout the project and reviews with Project Manager/Superintendent
- Coordinates the request for information (RFI) process, ensures RFIs are distributed to affected trades and maintains RFI logs and binders
- Prepares purchase requisitions for approval and assists with procurement of materials and equipment
- Organizes project close-out by preparing warranty package and requirements; collecting warranties and O&M manuals; creating turnover documents and assisting in demobilizing the site and archiving documentation
- May perform other related duties as required
- Completion of post secondary education in Construction, Engineering or related discipline.
- Electrical Engineering qualifications and experience will be highly regarded
- 5+ years of previous Canadian work experience on major industrial or infrastructure projects working for a self performing contractor is required
- Strong computer background including experience with MS Word and Excel and scheduling software
- Strong communication skills, confident interacting with key contacts in verbal, written and electronic form
- Knowledge of General construction processes: project set up; subcontract management; change orders; RFIs (request for information); lien holdbacks; closeout
- Capable of probing and listening carefully, presents information clearly in an appropriate style and persuades others in straightforward situations
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Sep 21, 2021
8051 Enterprise Street, Burnaby, BC, Canada