You are an experienced Welding Inspector who will be responsible for performing, supervising and coordinating day to day activities related to Inspections related to piping and structural steel installation. This includes completing structural and welding inspections, document and procedure management, validating related quality processes, and assisting the Segment Quality Manager with the implementation of quality procedures. You are a problem solver and continuously look for innovative solutions that can be utilized on projects.
Join the True Blue team in Burnaby today!
- Work with construction team to communicate the requirements of the ITP’s (Inspection & Test Plans)
- Review inspection and testing results for conformity to requirements
- Strong understanding of nondestructive examination techniques
- Monitor 3rd Party inspection and testing
- Reviews documents for compliance with contract quality requirements and monitors quality performance
- Collaborate with Construction Team and provide input on the Quality requirements for the development of Detailed Execution Plans; clearly identifying the required inspections, hold points, tests and required documentation.
- Ensures all Inspection and Testing equipment is managed in accordance with the equipment calibration requirements.
- Ensure non-conforming work is being managed in accordance with the project quality issues reporting procedure
- Ensure welding reports are complete prior to filing for turnover
- Identify Non-conformances to the Segment Quality Manager
- Ensure Quality Records are maintained and organized for System turnover
- Provides input to the development of the project quality plan
- Provides input to the development of Ledcor’s quality program
- Monitors the project schedule to ensure inspection and testing activities are completed to support operation requirements
- Manage and maintain Quality Document Logs (Weld logs, Material Logs, etc) Review of ASME Section IX Welding Procedures
- 5+ years related work experience or combination of relevant education and experience
- Technical knowledge and understanding of CSA Z662, ASME B31.3, ASME Section IX and industry best practices
- CWB Level 1 or higher Certification
- Strong computer background including experience with MS Office
- Strong communication skills, confident interacting with key contacts in verbal, written and electronic form
- Able to identify problems/issues and generates solutions and makes sound decisions using standard procedures
- Capable of probing and listening carefully, presenting information clearly in an appropriate style and persuading others in straightforward situations
- Willing to contribute actively in team activities, sharing experiences and ideas
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Jul 27, 2021
8051 Enterprise Street, Burnaby, BC, Canada