We are seeking a VCS Coordinator to join our Ledcor team in this remote/work from home role with office later in Vancouver, BC or Toronto, ON. The VCS Coordinator, under the direction and guidance of the VCS Manager provides technical and/or management support and assists operations staff to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget. Check our VCS online presentation https://prezi.com/view/sSTB6qVHB6l46wOycBmc/
Join the Virtual Construction Services team and experience the opportunity to use virtual reality and gaming technology to help solve problems.
- Help create virtual 3D models from plans and specifications
- Assist on-site BIM related project coordination, including model coordination with trade contractors
- Troubleshoot BIM related issues on site, seeking assistance from branch BIM staff as required
- Help generate 4D simulations and site logistic models
- Support quantity take-offs taken from BIM models
- Assist project staff in understanding the prime and trade contract documents as they relate to BIM services, responsibilities and delivery
- Communicate updated 3D site logistics plan and 4D modeling animation to project stakeholders
- Help update BIM enabled "as-built" project schedule using BIM elements to demonstrate current status
- Assists and performs clash detection and develops solutions with project team
- Maintain BIM related document management systems on projects
- Coordinate 3D laser scans/point cloud models
- Implement VR / AR models for coordination and validation as required
- May perform other duties as required
- Working towards completion of a degree in civil engineering, construction management or architecture
- Some relevant experience working with BIM related software; Autodesk Revit, Navisworks, 3DS Max, Revizto, Enscape, Fuzor and Synchro
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office suite
- Strong communication, planning and organizational skills
- Excellent work ethic, demanding the highest standards of performance from self and others
- Team oriented approach to business with a willingness to uphold company values and interest in continuous learning new BIM tools
- Travel: Role is remote/work from home with office later in Vancouver, BC or Toronto, ON with some travel
Ledcor Building offers full-service construction for commercial, residential, institutional, and light industrial projects, along with expertise in green building. Our depth of knowledge and expertise come from building hundreds of projects – of all sizes – across North America each year.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Jul 22, 2021
344 Bathurst St, Toronto, ON, Canada