You are an experienced Outside Plant (OSP) Designer, responsible for detailed design of OSP elements (aerial and/or underground) and fiber designs of telecommunication networks. You'll be an integral part of the engineering team and will design networks using a variety of tools, ensuring constructability issues are incorporated into the network designs.
You are capable of planning, designing and detail engineering especially applied to deployment of FTTH networks across Ontario for various types of projects consisting of Single-Family Unit - SFU / Multi Dwelling Units - MDU, commercial or industrial.
Apply Now! and join the Ledcor Technical Services team in Toronto, ON today!
• Draft and design aerial and underground telecommunications networks using fibre optics techniques, approved construction methodology and Client design specifications.
• Produce various plans including cable, conduit, splicing plans, etc.
• Update Fiber Design databases and maintain system maps including base map, cable, fiber routes, addresses including commercial, SFU & MDU.
• Incorporate field changes (Red Lines) and as-built changes from draft prints to internal and external system databases.
• Communicate with the Permit team and Coordinators to gather and provide accurate information with regards to construction, design and drafting.
• Determine methods to design plant change with minimal impact to the system/customer and minimize related construction cost & ensures quality of design.
• Experience with Netx would be considered an asset.
• Self-disciplined • Able to operate effectively in a fast-paced and highly energetic environment • Capable of working under pressure, sense of urgency • Team player
• Adaptable • Ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities
• Must have excellent QC skills, and attention to detail
3-5 years of experience working within telecommunications OSP fiber design, copper design or RF plant design is an asset
Graduate from a technical college program preferably in civil, electrical/telecommunications, GIS, or equivalent experience
Expert knowledge of outside plant design practices and municipal permitting requirements is a requirement
Organized and self-motivated with strong attention to detail
Strong MS Office skills, experience with AutoCAD, ESRI/ArcGIS would be an asset
Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple project stakeholders and interpret their needs
Working knowledge of construction or telecom documents, drawings, specifications and current construction practices and methodology
Willingness to contribute actively in team discussions, sharing experiences and ideas
Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Sep 16, 2021
344 Bathurst St, Toronto, ON, Canada