As a Safety Coordinator you will be responsible for applying professional HSE practices at work/project site, providing advice and recommendations to operations and clients regarding health & safety matters. You have a thorough understanding of safety management systems, legislation and standards and will apply them in a work setting with little or no supervision. You’re a team player who ensures the well-being of others and lends a hand where needed. You enable collaboration with your team and those on site.
Experience a culture where your knowledge and experience are valued, and safety and integrity are uncompromised.
Join Ledcor’s Building team in Calgary,AB.
- Provides leadership and advice to operations management at site level regarding company HS&E programs and program implementation.
- Responds proactively to issues relating to HS&E and emergency response, performance metrics and safety management systems on site.
- Implements and maintains Ledcor systems and procedures including: tracking pre-qualification data; maintaining inventory of hazardous products, first aid and personal protective equipment on site; and maintaining, recording and filing confidential information, metrics and spreadsheets in databases
- Books and organizes safety training, prepares materials, and conducts Ledcor site specific health and safety orientations for new site employees
- Supports the safety team in applying defined criteria to review subcontractors’ safety programs and provide ongoing assistance to subcontractors
- Provides assistance and acts as a resource to project site and management personnel in conducting and maintaining written records of the daily work-site health and safety inspections
- Identifies corrective action to be taken when unsafe acts are identified during an inspection process; assists in resolving any issues of non-compliance; and provides education to supervisors, sub-contractors, and project site personnel in matters of health and safety
- Maintains a working knowledge of, and provides consultative advice to project site personnel on, the interpretation of local and provincial regulations as they relate to both public and work-site safety
- Maintains positive and professional working relationships while interfacing and communicating with regulatory authorities, all levels of management, clients, contacts and visitors to promote safety
- Administers first aid services to all personnel on the work-site as necessary
- 1-3+ years of health & safety experience or combination of health & safety and trades experience; commercial construction hi-rise project experience is strongly preferred
- Standard first aid is required, advanced first aid is strongly preferred
- Fully qualified CSO, NCSO would be an asset
- Strong communication skills, confident interacting with key contacts in verbal, written and electronic form
- Ability to identify problems/issues, generate solutions and make sound decisions using standard procedures
- Proven skills in probing and listening carefully, presenting information clearly in an appropriate style, and persuading others in straightforward situations
- Demonstrated willingness to contribute actively in team activities, sharing experiences and ideas
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all personnel and Ledcor business matters
- Strong computer background including experience with MS Word and Excel
- Must have and maintain a valid provincial driver’s license
- Must be comfortable with heights
- Site based position
Ledcor Building offers full-service construction for commercial, residential, institutional, and light industrial projects, along with expertise in green building. Our depth of knowledge and expertise come from building hundreds of projects – of all sizes – across North America each year.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Sep 16, 2021
1930 Maynard Road SE, Calgary, AB, Canada