You are an experienced, Service and Warranty Specialist and responsible for the smooth functioning of day-to-day operations of onsite service and warranty task. You will oversee the work of trades and laborer’s, ensuring that assigned tasks are performed using safe work policies.
The Service and Warranty Specialist, working independently or with direction from the Service and Warranty Manager, implements schedules, ensures quality control, and holds trades accountable when performing tasks. You will play a key role in our project close-out process by ensuring accurate and timely follow up on deficiency and warranty-related matters. You will do so while ensuring exceptional customer service is provided to our internal project teams and external clients.
Apply today to become an integral part of our Ledcor Construction team in Burnaby, BC!
- Manage multiple warranty lists/ trackers, prepares templates, checklists and other warranty / deficiency specification documentation as required
- Supervise and coordinate subcontractors onsite when work is scheduled. Provide access where applicable. Follow the Service and Warranty Procedures. (i.e Entering Suite Policy, ensuring trades and end-user fill out COVID-19 questionnaire).
- Perform walkthrough with clients to review deficiencies and warranty items.
- Supervise and assign tasks to *laborers as needed.
- Perform minor repairs such as touch-up painting, minor carpentry, caulking etc.
- Maintain a thorough report that accurately tracks task progress and other relevant information.
- Perform inspections once sub-trades and laborer have confirmed completion of warranty jobs. Provide updates to Service and Warranty Manager.
- Perform site visits to review and prepare a scope of work for service requests and provide the scope to the Service and Warranty Manager.
- Supervise sub-trades and laborer on service jobs.
- Reviews specifications and identifies specific warranty requirements per project in a database to create checklist for closeout in conjunction with project team
- When needed perform building reviews and supervise investigations such as water testing to determine source of leaks. Etc. Provide a detailed report to the Service and Warranty Manager.
- When needed arrange or consult with Service and Warranty Manager to rent equipment such as boom-lifts to be used when addressing deficiencies.
- Performs other related duties as outlined in Ledcor’s Construction Operations Manual
- 3+ years of warranty and/or construction administrative (including facility management) experience in a dynamic, high volume environment on commercial, mid to high rise residential, property development or related projects / industries
- Intermediate to advanced user of MS Office applications (including Word, Excel, Outlook) and strong aptitude with large ERP software (e.g. JDEdwards) and database systems is required
- Independent and self-motivated with the ability to take the initiative to troubleshoot assigned tasks and liaise with other departments and external resources
- Task-oriented with an excellent sense of priority, logic and objectivity; highly organized and capable of managing multiple priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated reliability, judgment and professionalism
- Excellent customer service focus and problem solving skills, with an ability to work collaboratively with others
- Solid data entry skills with the attention to detail to find and correct errors in documents
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements
- Office based position
- Some travel will be required to project sites and/or office locations within the lower mainland
Ledcor Building offers full-service construction for commercial, residential, institutional, and light industrial projects, along with expertise in green building. Our depth of knowledge and expertise come from building hundreds of projects – of all sizes – across North America each year.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Sep 16, 2021
8051 Enterprise Street, Burnaby, BC, Canada