As the Development Associate, you will be responsible for gathering ownership information for parcels of land, coordinating with title companies, assisting in writing offers for land and managing a data base of business development contacts. Assisting with project due diligence, project entitlement process, city submittals and permit processing will be an important part of your role.
Bring your experience to Ledcor, join our True Blue team today!
- Coordination and management of internal and external project team members from various disciplines including land acquisition, legal, finance, design, construction, leasing, marketing, accounting, and property management from job inception through a fully transitioned operating property or sale of the asset
- Perform due diligence tasks, with respect to zoning, title, environmental risk, and other potential barriers to development. Negotiate Professional Service Agreements with architects, engineers, consultants, general contractors, brokers, vendors, and property management companies
- Track project related insurance policy and bond requirements. Manage insurance procurement for development. Act as a liaison with third-party partners and lenders and provide any required reporting to such partners and lenders
- Monitor project progress, budget and schedule and report any variances or issues. Coordinate consultants and municipalities to obtain all relevant entitlements and building permits
- Assist with the construction management to ensure successful completion and stabilization of projects on time and within budget. Includes review of RFIs, Submittals, and project related Change Orders. Assist with project accounting activities, such as the preparation or coordination of Draw Requests. JDE knowledge is essential for this task
- Bachelor’s in Business, engineering, public administration, or architecture/planning related majors. Preference in Advanced business, real estate, or public administration
- Three or more years of experience in the real estate development process and construction management required California related experience is a requirement
- Experience with complex legal documents such as joint venture agreements, construction contracts, land contracts, title restrictions, permanent and construction financing agreements, lease agreements, property management agreements and other documents related to the project
- Knowledge of engineering and architectural plans and construction processes and documentation
- Must be an independent worker who can prioritize and coordinate multiple competing tasks in a timely fashion.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and the ability to work well and communicate effectively with a broad range of individuals and professions and foster good working relationships with all members of the project team and outside parties
- A high degree of professionalism, ethics, and a strong work ethic driven by a desire for quality
- Should be self-directed and motivated, demonstrate quick turnaround, follow through and follow up. Composed demeanor, professional appearance, positive attitude, and customer-oriented approach are priorities for this position
- Must be confident and capable when communicating with customers inside and outside the company
- Proficient in Windows and the operation of a PC in general including, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Microsoft Project, and Outlook
- JD Edwards accounting software expertise
- Knowledge of construction management tools: Procore, Bluebeam & Construct ware
Sep 16, 2021
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
114 Pacifica, Irvine, CA, United States