You are a Strategic Sourcing Specialist looking for an opportunity to manage corporate-wide sourcing initiatives, including analysis, RFx development and execution, vendor negotiation, contract development and implementation, to assist in development and evaluation of procurement operations, identifying sourcing opportunities and contributing to annual savings targets through leadership and subject matter expertise, overseeing complex projects and provide direction to team members as required.
Apply today to become part of Ledcor’s dynamic Strategic Sourcing team in Vancouver, BC.
- Performs supplier availability and capability market studies.
- Develops and distributes Requests for Proposals (RFPs), evaluating and consolidating responses.
- Negotiates with vendors, identifies risks and recommends changes to contractual language and oversees contract execution.
- Develops and enhances processes and procedures for strategic sourcing.
- Coaches team members on sourcing and contracting execution, delegating tasks and reviewing completed work.
- Assists senior team members in preparing management reports and conducting regular team meetings.
- Conducts and reviews supply chain spend analysis, builds cost models and conducts costing studies for identified opportunity areas.
- Liaises with subject matter experts within operating groups to develop knowledge and gather information about procurement needs and practices to identify potential sourcing opportunities.
- Develops supply chain and costing reports in collaboration with business unit managers.
- Identifies and plans for future demand through coordination with supply chain and procurement teams across the organization.
- Manages vendor relationships and establishes strategic partnerships with key suppliers.
- Establishes vendor management process and scorecard, and conducts periodic business reviews.
- Leads internal compliance process for adhering to sourcing and procurement practices.
- Plans and executes implementation/rollout of new services/vendors and assists with related change management.
- 5-6 years of experience in supply chain management, with a minimum of 3 years in strategic sourcing, procurement, or material management in mid-sized to large organizations
- Demonstrable experience in initiating and managing sourcing projects and initiatives
- Previous experience in supervising procurement activities
- Experience in running complex negotiation sessions with suppliers and service providers
- Strong understanding of sourcing requirements to support Ledcor’s core operation in design, build, transport, operate, and maintain construction, infrastructure and technical projects including procurement of both commodities and services
- Ability to form and maintain effective internal and external relationships
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Advanced analytical skills; understanding of ERP transactional data and process flows; working with data
- Demonstrated deep understanding of commodity markets/market influences
- Solid understanding of contracts from development and managing execution to renewal with extensive negotiation skills and experience
- Proficiency in MS Suite of software; Power BI; and developing management level presentation
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Sep 16, 2021
1067 West Cordova Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada