You are an experienced Superintendent with over 10 years of experience working for a general contractor on Infrastructure projects including railway, LRT, BRT and subway. You will play a key role in the successful execution of projects in the Toronto region. You support your team members in their development goals and help them look for opportunities to advance their skills. This exciting role will be a key figure in the overall site project plan and execution.
Apply now and join our industry leading Constructors Infrastructure group in Toronto today!
- Demonstrate leadership in the health, safety and environmental protection on the project
- Apply the requirements of the Project Specific Safety Program to promote overall compliance of Ledcor HS&E standards, applicable OH&S Acts, regulations and codes with all employees and subcontractors
- Develop, maintain and drive the construction schedule in conjunction with the project and operations team to ensure budgets and timelines are met
- Ensure that projects are built in accordance to approved plans, specifications and design drawings while ensuring that high quality standards are maintained
- Interface with local community representatives throughout remote northern communities
- Strategically plan and implement manpower levels and material quantities and ensures proper equipment and trades are available as required
- Assume leadership role and provide guidance to project team members
- Supervise employees and sub-contractors to achieve all required project deliverables
- Oversee project reporting that accurately tracks site progress, events, inspections and other relevant information
- Completed post-secondary education in Construction, Engineering or related discipline an asset
- 10 years+ of civil construction experience as a Civil Superintendent or similar direct supervisory role
- Previous experience working on rail or similar transport infrastructure will is essential and any previous experience working on a live rail corridor will be highly regarded
- Demonstrated civil and structural infrastructure project experience
- Working knowledge of health, safety and environmental protection practices and procedures as they apply to common construction processes
- Solid understanding of current construction practices
- Proven ability to guide safe work practices in a high pressure environment while maintaining project quality, schedule and budget
- Capable of anticipating constructability issues in complex situations and creating solutions in the construction plan and schedule; can influence and persuade others to adopt a point of view
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel and Outlook as well as understanding of scheduling software
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Dec 15, 2021
344 Bathurst St, Toronto, ON, Canada