You are an experienced warranty or construction administrative professional looking to make a greater impact in a critical support role. You enjoy the problem-solving challenges that come with finding a better way of doing things, excel in work environments requiring you constantly deal with ambiguity, and take great pride and ownership in implementing solutions that create efficiencies and a better customer service experience.
You will play a key role in our project close-out process by ensuring accurate and timely follow up on deficiency and warranty-related matters. You will do so while ensuring exceptional customer service is provided to our internal project teams and external clients.
Apply today to become an integral part of our Ledcor Construction team in Burnaby, BC!
- Supports the general project close out duties in a timely and consistent manner ensuring the submission of close out documentation and the tracking of how effectively deficiencies were addressed
- Advises project teams in preparation of project close out, collecting warranties and subcontractor Operations and Maintenance (O&M) documentation, and preparing the project O&M manuals with a consistent look and feel across projects
- Reviews specifications and identifies specific warranty requirements per project in a database to create checklist for closeout in conjunction with project team
- Manages incoming requests from both internal and external stakeholders including vetting phone calls, emails and recording for tracking purposes
- Prepares templates, checklists and other warranty / deficiency specification documentation as required
- Maintains the warranty and service process by ensuring all information is kept in a central location and is easy to access; follows up with projects sites as required to ensure documentation is in order; archives O&M information in an electronic database
- Upon project completion, facilitate in the coordination and record of necessary training provided within building orientation for both internal and external stakeholders (e.g. building manager, etc.)
- Completes on-site orientation session with project team towards the end of the project to gain familiarity with the project and stakeholders and brief the project team on the warranty process
- Follows up and maintains a record keeping system of service history for various projects and creates lessons learned where applicable
- Schedules trades to project sites on an as needed basis and follows up as required
- Participates in the business development process by ensuring the effective communication of deliverables and future obligations to external stakeholders
- Performs other related duties as outlined in Ledcor’s Construction Operations Manual
- 5+ years of warranty and/or construction administrative (including facility management) experience in a dynamic, high volume environment on commercial, mid to high rise residential, property development or related projects / industries
- Intermediate to advanced user of MS Office applications (including Word, Excel, Outlook) and strong aptitude with large ERP software (e.g. JDEdwards) and database systems is required
- Independent and self-motivated with the ability to take the initiative to troubleshoot assigned tasks and liaise with other departments and external resources
- Task-oriented with an excellent sense of priority, logic and objectivity; highly organized and capable of managing multiple priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated reliability, judgment and professionalism
- Excellent customer service focus and problem solving skills, with an ability to work collaboratively with others
- Solid data entry skills with the attention to detail to find and correct errors in documents
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements
- Office based position
- Some travel will be required to project sites and/or office locations within the lower mainland
Ledcor Building offers full-service construction for commercial, residential, institutional, and light industrial projects, along with expertise in green building. Our depth of knowledge and expertise come from building hundreds of projects – of all sizes – across North America each year.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Dec 3, 2021
8051 Enterprise Street, Burnaby, BC, Canada