As Project Expeditor, you are responsible for the accurate and timely completion of post award activities for permanent materials on large Constructors projects.
You will spearhead all expediting activity in coordination with internal and external designates, each responsible for the multiple transitions between Purchase Orders award and Material receipt at a project site. You are a natural and proactive problem solver and continuously look for innovative solutions to improve business functions.
Join the Ledcor team today!
- Pro-active expediting of documents and materials per agreed terms of purchase
- Utilize Materials Management systems for vendor and date management
- Develop and execute recovery plans for delivery slippage and vendor performance issues
- Vendor Management and periodic shop visits
- Investigate and/or constructively escalate backorder issues and communicate outcomes to impacted parties
- Produce scheduled Expediting Detail Reporting for the projects
- Working closely with Project Buyers, Project Planners; warehouse designates and field stakeholders to support the daily material post award activities.
- Verify the expediting process throughout the material lifecycle
- Expediting Subject Matter Expert for the Core Management System (Procedural) documentation
- Create and foster positive relationships with internal stakeholders and external vendors
- Minimum 2 years of experience with expediting functions or equivalent purchasing and industry experience
- Supply Chain Management or related education is an asset
- Experience with Intergraph Smart Materials or comparable materials management systems an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft programs, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Visio
- Strong organizational skills that demonstrate the ability to effectively manage and resolve conflicting priorities
- Enjoys working in a busy fast paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent keyboarding abilities
- Energetic personality and the ability to multitask
- Detail oriented and record keeping skills
- This is a work from home position, requiring regular travel to Edmonton based vendors and project sites. Out of region travel may also be required
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Sep 16, 2021
7008 Roper Road NW, Edmonton, AB, Canada