You are an experienced Sideboom Operator with industrial piping project experience. For you, safety and quality are a priority and you are proud of your work at the end of each day.
Join the Ledcor team at our Ft. Hills project in Ft. McMurray today!
- Operate 572, 583 and 594 models in order to move pipe/welding/bolt up.
- Effectively and safely operates hydraulic sidebooms utilizing machine specific controls and machine attachments to complete all necessary tasks.
- Conduct pre-trip/walk-around safety inspections and completes daily Field Level Hazard Assessments, logs and reports any maintenance concerns with the equipment
- Perform effective operation of equipment by recognizing unusual machine movements and sounds
- Previous experience operating Sidebooms in a pipeline or industrial environment
- Must be able to interpret capacity charts and identify the rigging requirements
- Must be able to understand the capacity of each component and the relationships between the length of the boom, length of cable, cable size and load limits
- Must have a valid driver's license and provide a 3-year driver's abstract
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing
- Must possess valid CSTS 2020 (Construction Safety Training Systems) certification and CSO or BSO (training may be provided)
- Must be fully vaccinated and provide valid COVID-19 vaccination record (unless you have a legitimate recognized medical or religious reason for not getting vaccinated)
- Shift based role working either 14/14 or 14/7 schedule, working 10 hours per day
- Charter Flights provided from Edmonton or Calgary
- Health and Dental Benefits provided by CLAC, as well as RSP and Pension funding
- Work will be primarily outdoors in various weather conditions
Ledcor Pipeline offers a unique set of pipeline services unmatched anywhere in the oil and gas industry. From pipeline construction to investigative digs and subcontractor management, we are accustomed to operating in challenging terrain, and we maintain some of the largest pipeline networks in the world.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Nov 15, 2021
7008 Roper Road NW, Edmonton, AB, Canada