Reporting to the Operations Controller, the Project Controller is responsible for the financial integrity of their project. This includes management of day-to-day accounting administration, cost reporting and audit participation. The role includes staff supervision, mentoring & guidance, training and assisting with hiring and performance reviews.
Join our Ledcor team today!
- Provide reporting and information to project management and operations as required
- Strategic planning, budget reviews and risk analysis with upper management
- Collaborate with project management team to complete monthly cost and profitability reporting
- Prepares detailed analysis or review of aspects of the project as required.
- Developing client relationships with equivalent peer group/contacts
- Acts as the key contact during internal/external project audits including delegation of questions and sourcing of information.
- In depth understanding of contract requirements for billing
- Ensure that LEMs, invoices and progress claims are properly prepared and submitted to the client in a timely and accurate manner.
- Pursues payment collection from client and reports on overdue balances to senior management.
- Prepare people plans for the project and perform ongoing performance management and development of Project Accountants
- Working knowledge of hire-ons, terminations and records of employment through electronic HR System
- Ensure compliance to provincial and federal regulations along with any applicable collective agreements
- Ensure subcontractor compliance with with builder’s lien act, holdbacks, payment processes, contract terms and closeouts
- 7+ years of related accounting or analysis experience
- Business/Accounting degree or diploma preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and financial applications including ERP software
- Analytical skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment, able to multi-task, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Well-developed interpersonal and organization skills
- Relevant industry and JD Edwards experience would be an asset
- Ability to lead, motivate, supervise and encourage other employees.
- Proven ability to understand construction administration and contract commercial terms.
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Nov 18, 2021
3218D Faithfull Avenue, Saskatoon, SK, Canada