You are a motivated, energetic pipeline professional with 10+ years of experience on mainline construction pipeline projects. You are proud of your exceptional work ethic and knowledge of large diameter pipe.
Apply today to join our Pipeline team!
- Measure and allocate each joint of pipe based on wall thickness, construction grade, section length, and crossings
- Design pipe sections to allow for practical construction and tie in points
- Mark pipe with all requirements for construction crews (pipe numbers, bends, transitions, section numbers, pipe length, tie in points, and other applicable details)
- Mark and off-set all section start and stop locations, as well as, tie in points
- Create custom ditch line design, if required, to ensure all client specs are met (bending radius requirements, extra cover requirements, etc.)
- Survey the pipeline right-of-way and ditch line to determine the precise field bends for pipe greater than 36 inches in diameters
- Determining the type of bend (overbend, sag, side bend or a combination) by converting field measurement and information into angle (degree) information for use during the pipe bending activity
- Measure all mainline bends to ensure pipe accurately reflects the construction grade
- Design crossings for all bores, roads, creeks, and foreign line crossings
- Ensure all bending, depth of cover, separation distance, and other requirements are met
- Ensure practical constructability for each crossing
- Layout stakes with information (Cut stakes, limit information, etc) that allows efficient construction at crossing locations
- Work with engineering team on Request for Information (RFI) submitals
- Identify any technical constructability issues and support the development of solutions with the on site Construction Team
- Support all Foreman with any technical requests, as required
- Create sketches for critical areas, as required, for example, complicated or deep crossings
- Support the fabrication of facility and valve sites
- Must have greater than 10 years of experience in a lead field engineering role on mainline construction pipeline projects
- Must have significant previous experience working with pipe greater than 36 inches in diameter
- Must have experience and knowledge using engineering drawings, surveying equipment, and using other measurement tools.
- Must be able to read, understand, and interpret applicable documents, including; the scope of work, drawings, project plans, and all other project documents.
- Must be familiar with office functions, for example, project estimating, drawing takeoffs, change management, subcontractor management, and, in particular, the Request for Information (RFI) process.
- Must have strong computer skills and knowledge, including, drafting software, MS Office programs (Excel & Word), and scheduling software.
- Must possess strong communication skills, including, verbal, written, and electronic forms
- Willing to promote teamwork by motivating, coaching, and guiding others
- Must have demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision
- Training, and Ground Disturbance Level 2 Training. Training would be provided, as required
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Sep 17, 2021
7008 Roper Road NW, Edmonton, AB, Canada