As a HS&E Coordinator, you will play a key role in the execution and implementation of a diverse range of health and safety programs within Ledcor’s Marine division in Richmond, BC. You are a safety professional who consistently conveys mature professional judgment and can build effective relationships across all levels.
Join the Ledcor Marine team today!
- Manage the Domestic Safety Management System for the marine division and provides independent advice to operations management regarding the company HS&E program.
- Reviews the effectiveness of safety policies and ensures standard operating procedures are followed through regular onsite procedural audits.
- Updates safety policies and actively educates the workforce regarding changes.
- Promotes near miss reporting and conducts investigations, identifying root causes and creating safety alerts.
- Coordinates risk assessments as required and conducts regular onsite Hazard Assessments by identifying and addressing unsafe conditions and behaviours.
- Provides timely communication regarding the safety program and demonstrates Ledcor core values by creating clear and timely “Flash Reports” and participating in detailed, fact-based incident investigations.
- Supports the company case management program and manage the return-to-work process. Actively engage with employees and initiates work accommodations for minor injuries to avoid loss time
- Coordinates internal and external audits, conducts focus audits of site-specific standards and reports findings. Verifies implementation of corrective actions and drives continuous improvement.
- 3+ (three) years of relevant industry Health and Safety experience. Any onboard ship experience applies to the minimum years of experience
- OH&S Diploma and thorough understanding of OHS programs, policies and requirements
- Marine industry experience will be considered a strong asset
- Demonstrated intermediate skills in Microsoft Office and Adobe Photoshop, and an aptitude for learning various computer software systems
- Ability to explain information and persuade others in straightforward situations
- Ability to solve standard problems through analysis, evaluating and applying standard procedures
- Proven ability to apply safety standards in a unionized workforce
Ledcor Resources & Transportation combines our trucking, marine, and forestry operations to offer integrated supply chain services to British Columbia’s forestry and bioenergy industry. We produce and deliver biofuel, wood chips, and kraft pulp by land and by sea.
Learn more about our Marine Group at http://www.ledcor.com/what-we-do/transportation/marine.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Sep 21, 2021
11171 River Road, Richmond, BC, Canada