As the Resource Project Manager, you will be responsible for managing a portfolio of construction resources, internal and external contractors, and supporting the functionality of day to day operations to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget. In this role, you will work both independently and alongside the Senior Project Manager to allocate work packages to our chosen build crews, and provide forecasts to enable us to appropriately plan our resource needs to keep up with oncoming work capacity.
Join Ledcor Technical Services in Vancouver or Calgary Today!
- Demonstrates leadership in health, safety and environmental protection on the project. Applies the requirements of the Project Specific Safety Program (PSSP) to promote overall compliance of Ledcor HS&E standards, applicable OH&S Acts, regulations and codes with all employees and subcontractors on the project.
- Develops and maintains the consolidated project forecast for volume of upcoming build activities
- Develops and maintains resource capacity plans for each build partner
- Awards work packages to build partners and internal build crews
- Monitors acceptance of work packages and manages any questions or negotiations related to scope, budget, rate card, and schedule
- Facilitates project meetings with internal and external stakeholders to monitor and support the project’s forecast of build activities and resource capacity
- Works with project team to identify and manage opportunities and risks to achieve the best possible impact on schedule and financial targets.
- Develops, maintains, tracks, and reports KPIs relating to the performance of build partners and internal build crews.
- 5+ years of related work experience or combination of relevant education and experience.
- Previous experience as a Project Manager, Senior Estimator, Resource Planner, Construction Manager, or in a similar direct managerial / supervisory role.
- Completed post-secondary education in Construction, Engineering or related discipline an asset.
- Comprehensive knowledge of construction documents, drawings, specifications, current construction practices and methodology.
- Understanding of construction costs, budgets, estimating methodologies, and the ability to derive a scope of work and associated costs from a design drawing and accompanying rate card
- Capable of identifying constructability issues in moderately complex situations and creating solutions in the construction plan and budget.
- Demonstrated negotiation and relationship management skills with internal stakeholders and external partners and subtrades.
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple stakeholders, anticipate stakeholder needs, and proactively identify solutions.
- Demonstrated abilities to develop and manage dashboards and reports utilizing and organizing information from a variety of sources to visualize and present forecasts and aid strategic decision making
- Ability to motivate, coach and guide other team members.
- Effective organizational and planning skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Sep 22, 2021
1930 Maynard Road SE, Calgary, AB, Canada