You are a driven and detail-oriented individual looking to build your experience in Accounts Payable within a large, complex corporate environment. As an Accounts Payable Clerk, you will be responsible for the accurate and timely entry of data, as well as reporting within the company financial systems.
We have always made the safety and health of employees our first priority. We continue to closely monitor the COVID-19 situation and have implemented proactive measures across the company to curb the spread of the virus and protect those at risk. This includes flexible work arrangements, including work from home (WFH) where possible and new safe work environment protocols on all work sites
Join Ledcor’s Finance team in the Edmonton, AB or Vancouver, BC today!
- Pays invoices by verifying transaction information, scheduling and preparing disbursements and obtaining authorization of payment.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by posting account transactions.
- Maintains financial security by following internal accounting controls and secures financial information by keeping information confidential.
- Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering and sorting documents and related information.
- Maintains financial historical records by filing accounting documents.
- Verifies accounts by reconciling statements and transactions.
- Resolves account discrepancies by investigating documentation; issuing stop payments, payments, or adjustments.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Respond to internal and external accounts payable inquiries
- Reconcile vendor statements and follow up to resolve any discrepancies
- Collaborate with business units to troubleshoot and find solutions to accounts payable issues
- Ensure adherence to internal controls and policies
- May perform other related duties as assigned.
- 2-5 years' minimum accounts payable experience
- Previous office experience, with an affinity for data and numbers; a background in accounts payable processing would be a significant asset
- Strong computer skills, including MS Excel, and ability to quickly learn new software
- Strong problem-solving skills with excellent attention to detail
- Highly organized, with an ability to manage multiple tasks, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills, combined with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work effectively in a team environment
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Oct 12, 2021
1067 West Cordova Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada