You are a Buyer responsible for the day-to-day procurement of equipment, consumables and materials as dictated by project. As the Buyer you will sustain active supplier relationships to maintain a reliable source of supply, while building internal customer relationships through working closely with the operations personnel to help meet project requirements.
Apply now and join our Ledcor Technical Services team in Port Moody, BC Today!
- Ensures that all items purchased and managed adhere to the policies and procedures of Ledcor
- Expedites items as required
- Researches and identifies purchasing opportunities to ensure that the lowest total cost of ownership is achieved for Ledcor
- Maintains relationships with existing suppliers to ensure that they are committed to supporting our long-term needs
- Assists operations personnel to help meet the project requirements with regards to equipment, materials or other procured needs
- Works closely with accounting to ensure timely payment of all supplier invoices occurs
- Provides assistance to the all departments in obtaining quotes for purchasing needs
- Works collaboratively with operations personnel to ensure procedures are followed
- 2-3 years’ experience in a similar environment, with specific experience with JDE Purchasing (preferred) and/or other computer procurement programs
- APICS CPIM certification preferred
- Computer literate with proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Internet
- Strong analytical, organizational and mathematical skills
- Able to project a friendly, open manner and communicate well with management, co-workers, internal customers, suppliers, and client representatives
- Adaptable to changing environments and rapid pace
- Previous ERP experience is a definite asset
- Able to work well under pressure on a number of tasks with imposing deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good work ethic, self-motivated, and effectively works independently or within a team environment
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Sep 24, 2021
100 Newport Drive, Port Moody, BC, Canada