You are a Project Manager responsible for the smooth functioning of day-to-day operations to ensure that projects are completed on time and within budget within the Ledcor technical services team. The Project Manager leads projects and guides project staff. This person will implement the project plan and schedule, ensures safety, quality control, and delegates work to the project team, contractors, and trades people.
Apply Now to this exciting role and join the Ledcor LTS team in Toronto today!
- Manages and maintains project budgets
- Establishes contractual relationships for projects and ensures performance is consistent with those agreements
- Maintains effective communications with owner(s) and key project participants (project management, financial stakeholders, local government officials, and sub-contractors) of each project
- Ensures that projects remain focused on the letter and intent of approval documents and, when necessary, document changes
- Oversees the monitoring of projects costs and productions in order to ensure early recognition of negative trends such that corrective measures can be implemented ASAP.
- Reviews expected levels of documentation relating to standards for accounting issues, methodology of budget control, types of bids (fixed price, cost plus, unit price), etc.
- Understands the tasks defined in the schedule and impacts on manning, overtime, utilization of equipment, and float time
- Ensures that the quality workmanship (including engineering and project management) meet or exceed standards identified in approval documents while remaining within the project budget
- Understands method of bidding, purchasing, negotiating, contracting, cash flow, expediting
- Understands and ensures that all documents used are complete, protect the owner’s interest, clearly define expectations and provide incentive to perform
- Keeps lines of communication open and effective among all project stakeholders
- Reports to LTS Leadership and owner on relevant information to completion of projects
Ensures that safety and environmental standards pertaining to project activities are met or exceeded
- Sets expected levels of documentation, standards for accounting issues, methodology of budget control, types of bids (fixed price, cost plus, unit price), etc.
- Anticipates potential objections/issues in project; prepares short/long term solutions to issues
- Generates new solutions to overall projects problems
- Utilizing input from stakeholders, takes a lead role in researching, recommending, implementing, managing and updating and improvements to LTS Engineering tools, processes and procedures that support the business with meeting objectives
- May participates in meetings and strategy sessions with LTS Leadership team
- Leads and/or participates in focus groups, LTS Engineering initiatives and system upgrades
- Designs and documents specifications for Operations Manual or system changes; validates, tests and documents changes in business procedures and system corrections, enhancements and upgrades
- Partners with LTS Engineering Training Group to align training matrix for employees to perform operational procedures and communicate changes in process requiring training support
- Must have a Bachelor of Engineering degree
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification an asset
- 4-5 years experience leading and directing large scale Utility construction projects (Preference given to candidates with telecommunications experience)
- Experience in planning and managing a project schedule
- Has detailed technical knowledge of construction process including best practices
- Strong understanding of design & permitting in a municipal environment
- Understanding of engineering documents and the ability to ensure that they are complete, protect the owner’s interest, clearly define expectations and provide incentive to perform
- Contract negotiation/management skills
- Knowledge of telecom costs and budgets
- Understand method of bidding, purchasing, negotiating, contracting, cash flow
- A track record of building successful teams, effectively motivating people and maintaining effective relationships with clients, owners and consultants
- Able to focus on developing long term partnerships with key stakeholders to ensure our contributions to their continuing success and to maximize long term gains
- Influence strategic and other issues which effect business internally and externally
Influence client and/or organizational leadership to accomplish operational objectives
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Oct 6, 2021
344 Bathurst St, Toronto, ON, Canada