Bring your experience as an Environmental Coordinator to our team in Toronto, Ontario. You will perform monitoring and reporting duties associated with our Environmental Management System designed to manage environmental compliance around water, air, soil quality and environmentally sensitive areas. You will be responsible for all aspects regarding the safeguarding of the environment associated with regular operations.
* Please note this role will require evening and night availability.
Come join our True Blue team in the Greater Toronto Area!
- Establish control measures that may impact air quality, land management, site inspection, waste management, water quality and wildlife management and all environmental matters and related issues in support of the project
- Coordinate spill response and clean up for onsite spills
- Prepare environmental progress reports, erosion and sedimentation control plans, and other environmental documentation as required
- Perform Environmental Hazard Assessments and develop Safe Work Practices and Best Management Practices when required by project team or client
- Responsible for scheduling and monitoring activities to coincide with construction activities
- Facilitate meetings and/or training sessions to ensure team is aware of the environmental protection plan and procedures
- Maintain a full understanding of the environmental requirements, including necessary permits and authorizations, best management practices, and the requirements of the Environmental Management Plan and Environmental Work Plans are in place. Work with operations management and staff to ensure compliance with these plans
- Work with clients, subcontractors, regulatory bodies, and special interest groups as required
- Provide advice to the project supervisory team on the implementation of recommendations from environmental documentation, corrective actions/ resolutions, or issues that have an impact on the project including schedule
- Ensure daily site inspections and weekly monitoring reports are completed and submitted to project supervisory team and/or client representatives
- Provide liaison between the environmental team and the construction teams. Provide liaison with environmental regulatory agencies and report non-conformance
- Develop the project environmental response team and ensure implementation of measures to protect the environment as indicated in the project specifications
- Apply proactive environmental programs and strategies that ensure all effluents and waste generated by construction activities are disposed of in an authorized manner
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in an Environmental science discipline (i.e. Biology, Ecology, Geography, Forestry, Agriculture)
- 3-5 years of combined education and experience in the delivery/management of an environmental compliance program for large construction projects.
- Proven knowledge of relevant environmental legislation, standards, and effective industry practices
- A team player with strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Shift may be 1pm-9pm as an example
- Overnight coverage will be required for high environmental risk portions of the project
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Oct 12, 2021
344 Bathurst St, Toronto, ON, Canada