You have a passionate vision for health, safety, and the environment and the ability to influence at an enterprise-wide level within a large multi-national organization. In this key position, you will work with business leaders and a team of HS&E professionals to deliver and manage Ledcor’s Health, Safety and Environmental Management System.
As a "boots on the ground" team member, you will report to and take direction from the COO of Ledcor Technical Services, supporting the division and project leadership teams in expectations set by Ledcor and and their HS&E plans.
Apply today to join Ledcor Technical Services!
- Provides strategic and tactical leadership on the implementation, and enhancement of Ledcor’s HS&E Management System.
- Supports operational leadership on the implementation of HS&E processes and plans for project sites
- Leads, manages and audits programs that ensure employee health & safety and the protection of the environment, ensuring compliance to health, safety and environmental laws.
- Participates in corporate and business initiatives to identify and develop recommended practices.
- Develops risk communication, HS&E education/training programs, and other initiatives that have a positive impact on HS&E programs, strategies, and culture.
- Works with Divisional leaders leaders to identify, develop and implement Ledcor wide change management initiatives to enhance Ledcor's safety culture.
- Leverages internal and external resources and expertise to develop focused business practices across Ledcor.
- Ensures Corporate HS&E Action Plans are aligned with Operating Groups’ objectives.
- Uses business acumen and collaboration to align the HS&E Management System to operational business needs.
- Facilitates integration and implementation of HS&E business planning and performance as it relates to all work disciplines and field/operations personnel and Operating Group strategies.
- Reports HS&E performance against established goals and works with the leadership team in developing corrective and continual improvement actions.
- Impact culture with Ledcor senior leaders on broad cross-functional HS&E Management System topics.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in HS&E leadership with at least 5 of those years at a senior manager or director level.
- Degree, Diploma or Professional Certification in HS&E or equivalent; ideally with some post-secondary business education.
- Proven experience of learning the business, making relationships matter and having a development mindset.
- Experience in developing & implementing HS&E Plans, and HS&E program/practice management and validation.
- Proven senior level leadership, coaching, business acumen and technical/functional HS&E expertise coupled with clear and concise communication skills.
- Demonstrated success in influencing change (gaining buy-in) at multiple levels, as well as developing and implementing dynamic and fluid programs in a complex organization.
- Ability to influence stakeholders and operational leaders through consensus and engagement, on HS&E matters, driving toward business objectives.
- Ability to think innovatively, offering creative solutions to problems with the ability to anticipate business issues and align HS&E operational priorities.
- Experience establishing short/mid-term work plans and optimizing resources to ensure HS&E objectives (e.g., aligned with productivity, quality, costs) are consistently met
- Results oriented with a continual improvement mindset and experience in change management ideally with some form of change management education (e.g. ProSci, Lean, Kaizen etc.)
- Exposure to managing a variety of complex projects that has demonstrated positive cultural change in business operations, ideally with some functional project management education.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to influence without authority enable you to inspire teamwork, confidence, and cooperation on our Corporate safety councils.
- This is an office-based position with regular travel to various projects sites and office locations, 25-50% of the time.
- This person must be fit enough to be able to successfully access and get around job sites to complete inspections, investigations, and audits.
- Drug and alcohol testing may be required to access project sites, post incident and reasonable cause
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Feb 1, 2022
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
., Chicago, IL, United States