As the Project Accountant, you are responsible for providing timely reporting, trending and analysis to project teams to support the monthly financial review process. You enjoy collaborating with a team and will support operations in job cost reporting.
We have always made the safety and health of employees our first priority. We continue to closely monitor the COVID-19 situation and have implemented proactive measures across the company to curb the spread of the virus and protect those at risk. This includes flexible work arrangements, including work from home (WFH) where possible and new safe work environment protocols on all work sites.
Join Ledcor’s Finance team in Vancouver, BC or Edmonton, AB!
- Preparation of accurate and timely management reporting and variance analysis
- Understand and support all aspects of the daily operations for the project including invoicing, accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Assists in the preparation of weekly and monthly forecasting as well as the annual budget
- Track change orders, track costs and manage associated accounts in JD Edwards
- Preparation, review and reconciliation of purchase orders
- Maintenance of JD Edwards chart of accounts and project accounting structures
- Prepare and enter journal entries as required
- Assist with process review and improvement
- Other ad-hoc duties as required
- Minimum of 1-3 years progressive, relevant work experience in a similar role within a complex, and dynamic organization
- Is enrolled in or in final stages of completing a Professional Accounting Designation program (CMA/CA/CGA/CPA)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and perform advanced functions in Excel
- Proficiency with ERP accounting systems (JD Edwards would be an asset)
- Ability to communicate in a concise and professional manner
- Ability to interact effectively in a team environment with cross-functional departments, managers and team members
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects
- Strong problem solving and investigative skills
- Comfortable with changing deadlines and priorities
- Solid knowledge of GAAP, and the ability to identify issues and interpret and apply accounting policies
- Operational project experience or project controls experience an asset
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Oct 17, 2021
How was your application process? Click the icon below to share your feedback.
1067 West Cordova Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada