Ledcor is in search of a leader for a growing team of technical staff responsible for design and permitting of telecommunications projects. The ideal candidate has experience leading a technical team in design of electrical, civil or telecommunications related industries.
The Design & Engineering Manager is responsible for leading and developing a team of telecommunications Outside Plant (OSP) designers, drafters, fielder surveyors, permit coordinators, and other associated outside plant engineering personnel. The ideal candidate possesses well-rounded OSP engineering knowledge, leadership abilities, client management skills and is able to lead and grow a team of designers.
You will lead and provide coaching and technical guidance to the design team. In addition, you will conduct final reviews of all completed work by the team to ensure a high level of quality and accuracy of existing underground and civil plant infrastructure is maintained for the addition of proposed OSP network installations.
Come join Ledcor Technical Services in Vancouver, Calgary or Edmonton!
- Direct supervision of designers, including performance management and training
- Conducting final reviews of all completed work by the team to ensure a high degree of quality & accuracy of existing underground/civil plant infrastructure is maintained for the addition of proposed OSP network installations
- Coordinating with designers to ensure scope of work has been adhered to
- Develop and oversee staff training and development plans
- Ensuring scheduled deadlines and project deliverables are maintained for all engineering related assignments
- Managing work to approved budgets and schedules
- Incorporating safety into all aspects of designs
- Quality and safety reviews of outside plant civil design and analysis of underground and pole transition infrastructure
- Providing feedback and collaborating with Managers for process improvements and procedural changes
- Providing oversight of contract management, including developing consistent scope of work requirements, assisting with pricing negotiations and providing approvals for contractor selection.
- Other duties as required
- 10+ years in a technical design or construction industry.
- 3+ years managing technical staff.
- Fibre optic (FTTH, FTTx, Long-haul, local access) or Hybrid Fibre Coax (HFC) network design and construction experience is considered an asset.
- Familiar with applicable codes and standards (e.g. CSA, provincial).
- Professional engineer status (P.Eng) is considered an asset.
- Must be fully vaccinated and provide valid COVID-19 vaccination record (unless you have a legitimate recognized medical or religious reason for not getting vaccinated)
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Feb 4, 2022
1930 Maynard Road SE, Calgary, AB, Canada