You're a Junior Corporate Accountant that is responsible for a variety of accounting duties including reconciling bank accounts, preparing month-end journal entries, maintaining the general ledger by performing account reconciliations /analysis, and GST/HST returns preparation and filing.
Working under moderate supervision, you will solve routine problems within defined procedures and assists other corporate accounting personnel as required.
We have always made the safety and health of employees our first priority. We continue to closely monitor the COVID-19 situation and have implemented proactive measures across the company to curb the spread of the virus and protect those at risk. This includes flexible work arrangements, including work from home (WFH) where possible and new safe work environment protocols on all work sites.
Join our True Blue team today in Vancouver, BC!
- Performs bank reconciliations and general ledger account reconciliations on a regular basis. Investigate, follow-up and resolve issues around bank and account reconciliations to ensure completeness and accuracy of reconciliations
- Prepares GST/HST returns and completes net filings on a regular basis, including Canadian and US sales tax returns
- Prepares and enters monthly journal entries, cash receipts, AR and AP to meet accounting deadlines
- Performs monthly data integrity checks and balancing reports for GL, AR, AP, correcting where required.
- Assists with year-end audit requirements and prepare annual audit working papers and supporting documents. Assists with ad-hoc financial analysis and projects as required
- May perform other duties as required
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in a similar role
- Post Secondary Education in Finance or Accounting preferred
- Previous full cycle accounting considered an asset
- Proficiency in MS Office, with strong Excel skills for dealing with high volumes of data
- Large ERP experience an asset
- Strong analytical skills with an attention to detail and accuracy in working with large amount of data
- Work From home now, office later
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Nov 4, 2021
How was your application process? Click the icon below to share your feedback.
1067 West Cordova Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada