As our Mobility Specialist you will be responsible for mobilizing our people by managing the end-to-end mobility process for permanent relocations, and temporary assignments. You’re a subject matter expert on all immigration and mobility matters. You will report to the Senior Manager, Recruitment & Talent Acquisition and will support complex immigration applications advancing the talent agenda at Ledcor to drive organizational performance.
You will be our in-house expert and provide trusted advice and guidance to Senior Leaders, Human Resources, Hiring Managers, and employees with regards to foreign worker status and the options available to obtain and maintain appropriate working authorization. Your relationship building skills will be essential in cultivating strong partnerships with external vendors, internal stakeholders and government agencies providing a seamless experience for our employees during what could be a hectic move or immigration process.
Bring your extensive Immigration & Mobility experience to this impactful role at Ledcor and join our True Blue team today! This position will ideally be located in either Vancouver, BC, but applications from Edmonton, AB or Calgary, AB will be considered.
- Managing all new work permit applications and renewals; ensuring immigration records are maintained and in full compliance with appropriate legislative frameworks for Canada and the US
- Act as first point of contact for all government (IRCC, USCIS, Service Canada) audits of foreign worker applications
- Provide recommendations on mobility quotes, terms, and conditions in accordance with mobility program guidelines, you will also have responsibility of the maintenance and development of these guidelines
- Manage our existing and build new relationships with external service providers, including movers, relocation specialists, immigration lawyers and income tax providers
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders and ensure regular communication and updates
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR, Business Administration, Finance or Commerce
- ICCRC membership in good standing is desirable but experience in a similar role will be considered
- 7+ years of Mobility and Immigration experience, working in a complex, matrixed organization working with various levels of internal and external stakeholders
- Thorough knowledge of Canadian and US immigration regulation and policies
- Proven ability to collaborate with stakeholders at all levels, including executive leadership and third-party vendors; excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize work and exercise initiative to ensure an efficient and high-quality level of service with a busy and dynamic team environment
- This is a work from home position with the understanding that from time to time you may be required to attend the office as business needs require.
Working together is who we are. Learn more about what it takes to be part of our True Blue team by watching our True Blue video featuring Njeri.
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
Mar 7, 2022
7008 Roper Road NW, Edmonton, AB, Canada