Ledcor Marine is currently recruiting for Labourers, Deckhands, Mates and Masters to join our growing team!
You have BC coastal experience with tug and barge operations in various capacities, and you excel in an environment with exponential career growth opportunities.
It’s an exciting time to join the Ledcor Marine!
Requirements for Labourers:
- Previous experience in a maintenance environment would be an asset
- Experience using power tools
- In possession of a Pleasure Craft Operator Certificate is preferred, but not required
- In possession of a Confined Space Entry Certificate is preferred, but not required
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing
- Must possess a valid form of government issued photo identification
- Must have a valid BC driver’s license
Requirements for Deckhands:
- Previous tug boat or similar marine experience preferred
- Marine new grads and Mate Ticket holders are invited to apply
- Marine Emergency Duties – Basic Safety Training required
- Survival craft and rescue boat required
- Marine Basic First Aid required
- Transport Canada Marine Medical Certificate required
- In possession of or pursuit of Marine Safety Bridge Watch Rating Certificate
- In possession of or pursuit of Food Safe Certificate
- Valid Canadian passport (or ability to achieve)
- Strong communication and proven teamwork skills
- Motivated to take initiative and consistently contribute
- Flexible with work and schedule
- Ability to meet pre-employment drug & alcohol testing requirements
Requirements for Tug Masters:
- 3 to 5 years' sea service towing barges and/or towing logs on the Fraser River and the BC Coast
- Must have a minimum 60 GT Domestic Certificate of Competency and preferably a 150 GT Domestic Certificate of Competency. The Company may require Certificates of Competency to be upgraded from 60 GT to 150 GT to meet operational needs. The Company will support the cost of training for those who are required to upgrade their 60 GT Certificate of Competency to a 150 GT Certificate.
- Valid Transport Canada Marine Medical Certificate
- Marine Basic First Aid or Marine Advanced First Aid
- Marine Emergency Duties for Officers (MED C) or Marine Emergency Duties for Senior Officers (MED D).
- Valid Canadian passport
- Knowledge of tides, waters, coastlines, marine hazards and the weather, and knowledge of how these factors impact on each voyage.
- Knowledge of relevant Port Authority operations procedures and regulations and demonstrated competence in Collision Regulations (Canada Shipping Act 2001) and familiarity with international shipping regulations
- Must have experience navigating and operating twin screw vessels on the Fraser River, particularly North Arm and South (Main) Arm; familiarity with Fraser River bridges and bridge transit restrictions from Marpole to Mission
- Knowledge, familiarity and demonstrated skill in maintaining vessel machinery and navigation electronics
- Must have Coastal experience at a minimum from Victoria to Campbell River
- Must be familiar with towing tandem barges in tight quarters under couplers and tandem towing on deep sea gear
- Strong communication, supervisory, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent tug/barge safety record and demonstrated boat handling skills
- Ability to meet Pre-Employment Drug & Alcohol testing requirements
Ledcor Resources & Transportation combines our trucking, marine, and forestry operations to offer integrated supply chain services to British Columbia’s forestry and bioenergy industry. We produce and deliver biofuel, wood chips, and kraft pulp by land and by sea.
Learn more about our Marine Group at http://www.ledcor.com/what-we-do/transportation/marine.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
Nov 26, 2021
How was your application process? Click the icon below to share your feedback.
11171 River Road, Richmond, BC, Canada