You’re a skilled Data Architect who is passionate about using data as a strategic enabler of corporate goals and objectives. In this newly created role, you will design, develop, and implement data models for enterprise-level applications and systems, while facilitating data governance and providing demand for data infrastructure. You will also support the evaluation and selection of all technology components such as software, hardware, big data components, and networking capabilities.
In this role you will be a key member of the architecture team. You will help Ledcor modernize our technology solutions and have the opportunity to influence how we use and apply data solutions across our architecture.
Come join our Information Services team today!
- Understand current state architecture, identify future needs and requirements and develop future state architecture
- Propose solutions to modernize the data and analytics environment in order to improve efficiency and provide consistent access to critical data
- Create data and analytics roadmap and build annual data and analytics technology plan
- Translate business needs into technology requirements and define data standards and principles
- Define the data architecture framework, standards and principles, including modeling, metadata, security and reference data
- Develop reference architecture and identify and document data flows
- Identify business priorities and ongoing improvements, while ensuring data products are meeting business needs
- Support strategic initiatives to ensure that the organization is adhering to data standards and data management best practices
- Facilitate the execution of the data and analytics roadmap and vision for information delivery and management, including the enterprise data warehouse, big data, BI & analytics, content management and data management
- Provide expertise to project teams for successful project implementation.
- Support solution architects to architect and deliver solutions
- Research new technologies, data modeling methods and information management systems to determine which to incorporated into the organization’s data architectures
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Management. Master's Degree in Data Science preferred
- Data Management Professional or TOGAF certification is an asset
- 8+ years of experience architecting, designing and developing large scale data solutions utilizing a mixture of database platforms
- 8+ years of progressive information management solutions and end-to-end development life-cycle support (waterfall and/or agile)
- Previous experience in capital intensive industries and prior exposure to a business or non-IT related role is considered an asset
- Experience with emerging technologies and translating new trends into potential use cases
- Background in data technologies built on traditional (RDMBS) and non traditional (NoSQL) platforms
- Experience in working in multiple, large, cross-functional teams or projects, and influencing senior level management and key stakeholders
- Knowledge of all components of holistic data architecture, business re-engineering principles and processes, and basic knowledge of financial models and budgeting
- Advanced understanding of enterprise and data architecture methodology, standards, processes and service delivery
- Ability to translate business requirements into data architecture solutions and services
- Senior or expert level knowledge in Active Directory, Azure AAD, PaaS, IaaS, SaaS, predictive modeling, AI modeling, data warehousing, data lake, data factory, AWS, enterprise content management, collaboration systems
- In-depth understanding of data modelling principles (e.g., relational, graph)
- Understanding of event driven architecture, and associated schemas, and technologies, e.g., KSQL
- Experience gathering and analyzing system requirements
- Understanding of how data architecture enables corporate strategy and can be applied for each Business Unit and Function
- Ability to collaborate with the business to understand their vision and strategy and translate that into effective enterprise change
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
Dec 16, 2021
How was your application process? Click the icon below to share your feedback.
344 Bathurst St, Toronto, ON, Canada