As the Director of Business Development for Ledcor’s Constructors division, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our Infrastructure, Heavy Civil & Mining and Highways Maintenance teams. Collaborating with the Senior Leadership Team you will develop and manage ongoing relationships with clients, contractors and design consultants to strengthen strategic partnerships and business relationships for future opportunities.
Come join our True Blue team in Toronto!
- Manages the Constructors Business Development Team for Infrastructure, Heavy Civil and Mining, including strategic planning and day to day oversight of activities; defines goals and responsibilities for personnel and manages staff accordingly.
- Identifies and assesses opportunities in various Ledcor Contractors market sectors by identifying clients and understanding their requirements. Identify competitors and their share / advantages / weaknesses.
- Establish marketing plan by developing strategies, objectives, action plans, schedules, and assignments. Forecasts projected business by identifying, researching, and tracking key projects or market sectors and applying probabilities of success.
- Leads meetings with clients and partners; working with Operations Leads, prepare and deliver presentations on service offerings highlighting value proposition and potential terms and conditions.
- Promotes single project and also longer-term partnerships with contractors and design consultants that optimize Ledcor competitiveness. Approach potential partners for specific opportunities and negotiate and secure working relationships including the preparation and execution of contractual teaming agreements.
- Tracking the release of packages from clients related to Market Soundings, Expressions of Interest and Request for Qualifications. Collecting and distributing the packages internally, and working with key Operations Leads, leading all efforts required to respond to such packages, including coordination with internal teams such as the Proposals Team, the Contracts Team and the Infrastructure Investment Team.
- Continue to provide support as required and requested during the preparations of responses to Requests for Proposals.
- Sustains rapport with existing and potential clients, contractors and design consultants by managing a consistently current database, making periodic contact (largely in person), exploring specific needs, and anticipating new opportunities. Represents Ledcor at Strategic Industry Associations.
- Promotes all Enterprise Service offerings to Clients.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent education and experience is required.
- 10+ years’ experience within the heavy civil and/or infrastructure industry with relevant operations / technical background is essential
- A demonstrated track record of project delivery in the infrastructure and heavy civil markets.
- An in-depth understanding of the Canadian market is required and existing relationships within the Ontario market will be highly regarded.
- Proven strength and track record in developing, nurturing, and sustaining external relationships with clients and other partners, and ability to determine priorities and deliver results.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills are essential
- A strong background in development and negotiation of commercial contracts as well as the review of construction contracts is required
- Interprovincial travel will be required.
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
Dec 1, 2021
How was your application process? Click the icon below to share your feedback.
1930 Maynard Road SE, Calgary, AB, Canada