As the Industrial Relations (IR) Coordinator you will be responsible for the coordination of Industrial Relations activities through the support of the Industrial Relations team. You will proactively demonstrate knowledge and skills in the areas of building relationships, organization of tasks, budgeting and technology. Utilizing strong interpersonal and communication skills, the IR Coordinator is an essential contributor to the Industrial Relations department.
Join the Industrial Relations team in Edmonton, AB!
- Provide support to the Industrial Relations function to one or more unionized business units across the organization by participating in project labour management meetings, collective agreement preparation and bargaining
- Provide research support in preparation of collective agreement negotiations, wage reviews, market analysis and other IR initiatives
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholder groups to provide updates on IR related matters, resolve employee issues or support the resolution of issues involving the Unionized workforce
- Act as an Industrial Relations representative in providing IR function support to the unionized workforce in partnership with multiple Shared Service groups
- Understand Labour Codes and Employment/Labour standards for work jurisdictions supported
- Access various data to support the Industrial Relations department from internal and external resources including market performance data, reports from Workday, JD Edwards and travel and accommodation related market research
- Maintain internal forms, documentation and publications related to unionized employees.
- Prepares moderate to complex reports/documentation in support of IR initiatives/programs and business operations, conducting data analysis and providing recommendations based on observations and critical thinking
- Assist with verifying data in Collective Agreements and associated documents prior to publication
- Maintain the Industrial Relations’ SharePoint page including external contact list, department vacation calendar and online resources
- Review and assist with various Industrial Relations training presentations
- Maintain knowledge regarding the newest technologies available to the department, providing recommendations and troubleshooting
- College or technical Diploma required, University degree preferred.
- 2+ years of direct experience in Industrial Relations or Human Resources
- Customer service focused, with excellent communication skills for dealing with a wide range of individuals
- Strong attention to detail and analytical capability
- Excellent organizational and planning skills with the ability to balance multiple priorities
- Proficient MS Office skills, with advanced Excel, and experience using a large HRIS or ERP system
- Ability to be customer focused, and drive for results while maintaining ethical values, integrity and trust
- Approachable with strong interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal
- Maintain and encourage safety practices on all Ledcor business
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
Dec 14, 2021
How was your application process? Click the icon below to share your feedback.
7008 Roper Road NW, Edmonton, AB, Canada