You are a Sideboom Operator with experience on industrial piping projects. You will be an integral part of the Ledcor team working on an oilfield tailings and pipeline project. You have previous experience operating within a crowded, fast-paced industrial construction environment. For you, safety and quality are a priority and you are proud of your work at the end of each day.
Join the Ledcor team in Fort McMurray!
- Operate 572, 583 and 594 models to move pipe/welding/bolt up.
- Effectively and safely operates hydraulic Sidebooms utilizing machine specific controls and machine attachments to complete all necessary tasks.
- Utilize Sideboom in adverse terrain, and winter operations, and exercises extreme caution with awareness of potential situational hazards to ensure site safety.
- Conduct pre-trip/walk-around safety inspections and completes daily Field Level Hazard Assessments, logs and reports any maintenance concerns with the equipment
- Performs effective operation of equipment by recognizing unusual machine movements and sounds
- Minimum 5 years’ experience operating Sidebooms
- Must be able to interpret capacity chart(s) and identify the rigging requirements
- Must be able to understand the capacity of each component and the relationships between the length of the boom, length of cable, cable size and load limits
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing
- Must possess valid CSTS (Construction Safety Training Systems) certification and OSSA Regional Orientation or Basic Safety Orientation certificate
- Must possess and maintain a clean driver’s abstract and valid class 5 driver's license
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs, work at heights, be agile and able to go on/off equipment
- Must be fully vaccinated and provide valid COVID-19 vaccination record (unless you have a legitimate recognized medical or religious reason for not getting vaccinated), or agree to submit to testing requirements
- Shift based position working 14 days on /7 days off rotation
- Working 10-12 hours per day
- Site based camp provided
- Travel allowance provided for those that qualify
- Flights are not provided; would suit locals or candidates residing in western Canada
- Work is expected to run until October 2023, position with long term potential
- Benefits provided by CLAC
- Work will be primarily outdoors in various weather conditions
Ledcor Pipeline offers a unique set of pipeline services unmatched anywhere in the oil and gas industry. From pipeline construction to investigative digs and subcontractor management, we are accustomed to operating in challenging terrain, and we maintain some of the largest pipeline networks in the world.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
Feb 12, 2022
Fort MacKay Industrial Park Lot 21, Fort MacKay, AB, Canada