You are a Senior Accountant who supports the Manager, Accounting with some of the more complex analysis and reconciliation reviews. You are responsible for various ad hoc analysis and initiatives, perpetual process improvement related to balance sheet account reconciliations, and other accounting related standardization and pursuit of efficiency.
You will play a pivotal role supporting the transition of activity from Finance Operations into the Accounting Center of Expertise.
We have always made the safety and health of employees our priority. We continue to closely monitor the COVID-19 situation and have implemented proactive measures across the company to curb the spread of the virus and protect those at risk. This includes flexible work arrangements, including work from home (WFH) where possible and new safe work environment protocols on all work sites.
Apply today to join Ledcor’s corporate financial team in Vancouver, BC!
- Reviews bank reconciliations, GST reconciliations, and some subledger to general ledger reconciliations
- Provides support on reviewing some of the more complex balance sheet account reconciliations
- Guides the intermediate accountants with any questions they have related to their work flow and cross-trains on activities of, and provides coverage
- Develops standardized analysis and reconciliation templates for use by the Intermediate Accountants
- Prepares donations summary for the Ledcor Cares program and ensures accuracy in preparing all payments to charities.
- Reviews and supports the annual provincial earnings allocation analysis
- Provides support, as needed, for the year end audit
- Prepares analysis and support for various tax authority audits, such as GST
- May perform other related duties as assigned
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent
- CPA designation
- Minimum 3-5 years of accounting experience in a multi-entity environment
- Background in the areas of audit and consolidation required
- The ability to identify issues and interpret and apply accounting standards
- Proficiency in JD Edwards is an asset or large ERP experience
- Strong analytical skills with an attention to detail and ability to multi-task, set priorities and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, management, and organization skills;
- Works independently, manages multiple tasks, and sets priorities;
- Commitment to continuous improvement and excellent customer service
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, with expert knowledge of Excel
- This is a work from home position with the understanding that from time to time you may be required to attend the office as business needs requires
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
Dec 14, 2021
How was your application process? Click the icon below to share your feedback.
1067 West Cordova Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada