You’re an established Senior Project Director with over 15 years of experience providing management and execution of ICI projects including large, complex design build projects. Your role will be to overlook the project plans and schedules, ensure the highest safety and quality standards for a large aircraft operations project. As a Senior Project Director, you will assume a leadership role by providing guidance to project staff and other managers and are responsible for smooth day to day operations. You will be implementing the agreed upon project plan and schedule, including safety, quality control, delegation of work to project team, contractors, and trades people to ensure that the project is completed on time and within budget.
Apply today! Join the Ledcor Buildings team in Toronto!
- Demonstrates leadership in health, safety and environmental protection on the project. Applies the requirements of the Project Specific Safety Program (PSSP) to promote overall compliance of Ledcor HS&E standards, applicable OH&S acts, regulations and codes with all employees and subcontractors on the project
- Leads project meetings with internal and external stakeholders to monitor and support the project’s ongoing progression
- Provides strong leadership to construction team members, capitalizing on individual and group strengths to ensure project targets are achieved
- Identifies and manages opportunities and risks to achieve the best possible impact on schedule and financial targets
- Maintains, tracks and reports all financial aspects of project including forecasts and billings
- Manages the procurement process including subcontractor/trade/supplier negotiations and awards
- Manage and promotes the overall site safety program as required, including subcontractor compliance with Ledcor standards, Project Specific Safety Plan (PSSP) and all applicable OH&S acts, regulations and codes with all employees and subcontractors on the project
- Ensures project materials are supplied and work is completed in compliance with Project Quality Program (PQP)
- Performs other related duties as outlined in Ledcor’s Construction Operations Manual
- 15+ years of related work experience as a Senior Project Manager on commercial, industrial construction projects; Experience managing construction projects within aircraft hangars, aviation warehousing facilities would be preferred.
- Completed post-secondary education in Construction, Engineering or related discipline an asset
- Comprehensive knowledge of construction documents, drawings, specifications, costs, budgets and current construction practices and methodology
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple stakeholders, understand and interpret stakeholder needs
- Ability to determine a problem’s root causes, identify short and long term solutions, anticipate patterns and look beyond the immediate problem to the wider implications
- Strong contractual negotiation skills; ability to influence and persuade others to reach consensus
- Experience with preparing and/or reviewing contractual documentation, templates and formats used for public private partnerships
- Influence strategic issues which effect business internally and externally.
- Influence client and/or organizational leadership to accomplish operational objectives.
- Must have and maintain a valid provincial driver’s license
Ledcor Building offers full-service construction for commercial, residential, institutional, and light industrial projects, along with expertise in green building. Our depth of knowledge and expertise come from building hundreds of projects – of all sizes – across North America each year.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
Dec 22, 2021
How was your application process? Click the icon below to share your feedback.
344 Bathurst St, Toronto, ON, Canada