We are seeking experienced Grader Operators for our pipeline construction project based out of Valemount, BC. The successful candidate will be responsible for operating a Grader Operators in accordance with quality, safety and efficiency standards.
- Effectively and safely operates graders to move and grade earth, rock, gravel or other materials, utilizing machine specific controls and machine attachments to complete all necessary tasks related to pipeline construction. This includes operating on adverse terrain, in winter operations, and/or near other equipment and power lines.
- Assist in required snow removal
- Operates in crowded, fast-paced working environments, and exercises extreme caution with awareness of potential situational hazards to ensure site safety.
- Interprets verbal and non-verbal communication (including hand signals) from operators, ground personnel and swampers, and acts accordingly.
- Performs mechanical inspections and servicing including controls and operations, completing logbooks, performs maintenance and adjustments, ensures good housekeeping, and performs machine lubrication.
- Performs effective operation of equipment by recognizing unusual machine movements and sounds.
- Recognizes existing and potential hazards and knows how to identify these through conducting a field level pre-job hazard analysis, checking the machine for hazards and assessing any tasks before start.
- May perform other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 years of experience operating graders and other heavy equipment on a mainline pipeline job or similar experience
- Working in mountainous terrain and steep slopes is an asset
- Working in rock ground conditions is an asset
- Previous experience working on mainline pipeline projects will be highly regarded.
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing.
- Must be willing and able to obtain valid PCST (Pipeline Construction Safety Training), First Aid Lvl C with CPR, Defensive Driving Training, and Ground Disturbance Lvl 2 certificates. Training provided.
- Must possess a valid form of government issued photo identification.
Ledcor Pipeline offers a unique set of pipeline services unmatched anywhere in the oil and gas industry. From pipeline construction to investigative digs and subcontractor management, we are accustomed to operating in challenging terrain, and we maintain some of the largest pipeline networks in the world.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
Jan 1, 2022
How was your application process? Click the icon below to share your feedback.
7008 Roper Road NW, Edmonton, AB, Canada