This is a future opportunity. If you think you’d be a great fit, we want to hear from you! Click ”Apply” and complete your application to show your interest.
Your application with be reviewed by our Recruiter. If you’re chosen for further consideration, our team will contact you.
You’re an experienced Superintendent with over 5+ years' field operations experience working in multi-disciplinary large-scale, commercial, Low Rise Multi-Family Experience, Mixed Use Development Experience, High Rise & Vertical Development. You will be responsible for the smooth functioning of day to day field operations to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
Diversify your experience. Build your talent.
Join the Ledcor Building team in Calgary, AB today!
- Demonstrates leadership in health, safety and environmental protection on the project
- Applies the requirements of the Project Specific Safety Program (PSSP) to promote overall compliance of Ledcor HS&E standards, applicable OH&S Acts, regulations and codes with all employees and subcontractors on the project
- Ensures project materials are supplied and work is completed in compliance with the Project Quality Program
- Ensures that projects are built according to approved plans, specifications, shop drawings, and applicable building codes and that high quality standards are maintained
- Develops, maintains, and drives the construction schedule in conjunction with project team; ensures project milestones and completion dates are met Issues material and services purchase orders and confirms receipt of materials and return of equipment
- Supervises field employees, makes sure their work is planned and performed efficiently, and makes sure their time sheets are accurately coded
- Mentors project team members in order to contribute to their development and career growth
- Leads project meetings with internal and external stakeholders to monitor and support the project’s ongoing progression
- Maintains a thorough daily report that accurately tracks site progress, events, inspections, and other relevant information
- Performs other related duties as outlined in Ledcor’s Construction Operations Manual
- 5 plus years' construction experience as a superintendent working in multi-disciplinary large-scale, commercial, Low Rise Multi-Family Experience, Mixed Use Development Experience, High Rise & Vertical Development
- Combination of work experience and/or technical training in an industry-related trade certification / education program
- Working knowledge of health, safety and environmental protection practices and procedures as they apply to common construction processes
- Solid understanding of current construction practices
- Ability to guide safe work practices in a high pressure environment while maintaining project quality, schedule, and budget
- Working knowledge of construction documents, contracts, costs, and budgets
- Working knowledge of scheduling and project management
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple project stakeholders, interpret stakeholders needs, and identify solutions
- Capable of identifying constructability issues in moderately complex situations and creating solutions in the construction plan and schedule
- Skilled at promoting teamwork with project team and stakeholders
- Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to use Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Familiarity with scheduling software
- Site Based Position
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements
Ledcor Building offers full-service construction for commercial, residential, institutional, and light industrial projects, along with expertise in green building. Our depth of knowledge and expertise come from building hundreds of projects – of all sizes – across North America each year.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
Jan 18, 2022
How was your application process? Click the icon below to share your feedback.
1930 Maynard Road SE, Calgary, AB, Canada