You are an experienced Foreperson with commercial and or high rise construction expertise. You have experience leading a large crew, preparing on-site personnel for the project and day to day execution of work, and enforcing safety regulations.
Join the Ledcor Building Construction Group in Calgary!
- Demonstrate leadership in overall compliance of Ledcor’s health, safety, and environmental standards daily
- Ability to lead a team effectively in the day to day execution of work, while managing resources, equipment, and labor
- Plan and prioritize work to meet contractual deadlines
- Comprehends blueprint readings to prepare layouts including selecting materials, planning sequences and methods of work, measuring and marking materials to avoid costly mistakes or omissions
- Understands basic commercial concrete forming including engineered forming systems and general commercial construction practices to lead crews and accurately build concrete forms, scaffolding, shelters, and other structures
- Works with the team to ensure tasks are completed safely, correctly, and on schedule
- Checks completed units to be sure they are level, square, plumb, and the right size, shape, and location
- Understands and contributes to the adherence to the Project Schedule within a specific area of responsibility
- Reports to the Superintendent any problems or unforeseen issues that could affect the project plan
- Complete daily paperwork and conduct daily toolbox talks
- Experience with Concrete and Formwork Systems. Experience managing medium to large crews
- Minimum of 5 years’ related project experience
- Must have a Journeyperson Carpenter Ticket from a recognized provincial training authority
- Non-ticketed carpenters must provide proof of hours relevant to the industrial carpentry trade
- Must have previous supervisory experience on commercial construction projects
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
- Must possess a valid form of government issued photo identification
- Experience in high rise construction, and commercial
- Typical 5 days a week. 6 days when required
- Overtime may be required to meet construction deadlines
- Must be open to night shifts when required
- Must be comfortable working at heights
- Work will be primarily outdoors in various weather conditions
- Benefits Provided by CLAC
Ledcor Building offers full-service construction for commercial, residential, institutional, and light industrial projects, along with expertise in green building. Our depth of knowledge and expertise come from building hundreds of projects – of all sizes – across North America each year.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
May 11, 2022
1930 Maynard Road SE, Calgary, AB, Canada