You have well-rounded Outside Plant engineering knowledge, leadership abilities, client management skills and enjoy leading and growing a team of designers. As the Design & Engineering Supervisor, you will oversee a team that includes telecommunications network designers, drafters, fielders and permit coordinators. In this role, you will conduct final reviews of completed work by the team to ensure a high level of quality and accuracy of existing underground and civil plant infrastructure is maintained for the addition of proposed Outside Plant network installations.
This position can be based in British Columbia or Alberta, with flexible working arrangements. Come join our Technical Services team today!
- Directing supervision of designers, including performance management and training
- Ensuring deliverables are delivered on time and on budget
- Conducting final reviews of all completed work by the team to ensure a high degree of quality & accuracy of existing underground/civil plant infrastructure is maintained for the addition of proposed OSP network installations
- Support projects such as FTTH deployments, road moves, relocations, hardened structure build, wireless deployments, fiber-to-the-suite, greenfield residential and commercial developments
- Manage day-to-day growth and sustainment of existing telecommunications networks (relocations, infrastructure adds/moves/changes).
- Coordinating with designers to ensure scope of work has been adhered to
- Ensuring scheduled deadlines and project deliverables are maintained for all engineering related assignments
- Managing work to approved budgets and schedules
- Incorporating safety into all aspects of designs
- Quality and safety reviews of outside plant civil design and analysis of underground and pole transition infrastructure
- Providing feedback and collaborating with Managers for process improvements and procedural changes
- Providing oversight of contract labor management, including developing consistent scope of work requirements, assisting with pricing negotiations and providing approvals for contract labor company selection
- Must be fully vaccinated and provide valid COVID-19 vaccination record (unless you have a legitimate recognized medical or religious reason for not getting vaccinated)
- 5+ years of design experience in the telecommunication or utility industries
- 3+ years of experience leading engineers or designers.
- Graduate from a technical college program preferably in civil, electrical/telecommunications, GIS or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of outside plant design practices and municipal permitting requirements is a requirement
- Experience in aerial and underground telecommunications design and construction practices.
- Experience in design and/or construction of outside plant telecommunication network infrastructure.
- Fibre optic (FTTH, FTTx, Long-haul, local access), copper, or Hybrid Fibre Coax (HFC) network design and construction experience is considered an asset.
- Familiar with applicable codes and standards (e.g. CSA, provincial)
- Professional engineer status (P.Eng) is considered an asset
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
May 31, 2022
11921 152 St NW, Edmonton, AB, Canada