You are an experienced Project Engineer with a background in Industrial Piping and are looking for a role that will challenge you. As Project Engineer you will be required to think on your feet and create and communicate execution strategies for challenging construction activities.
Working on the high-profile Transmountain Expansion Project based in the lower mainland, this opportunity will give you the chance to work on a career defining, long-term project.
Come join our True Blue team in the Vancouver area today!
Apply today to join our Pipeline team!
- Ensure that project commitments are kept; while providing field continuity to design specifications and to commitments made
- Administer engineering communications procedures and maintain an interface with the Project team and all facets of technical charts or changes
- Ensure that a satisfactory as-built record of the work is being made and confirm that a consistent end product is being delivered between the spreads
- Demonstrates leadership in health, safety and environmental protection on the project.
- Review submissions and attend meetings with regulatory authorities and provide technical interpretation and input when required
- Ensure that the level of workmanship meets or exceeds the engineering requirements of the Specifications and Drawings
- Ensure that Activity Inspectors are alerted to and aware of important engineering requirements, in advance of the contractor starting construction on these features
- Assist in the development of construction execution plans
- Work with deign coordinators in resolving construction issues related to design
- Upon completion of construction, interface with and provide necessary assistance to the group preparing the final turnover of as-built drawings, records, and documentation
- Provide all necessary assistance to the Construction Manager and Segment Manager in assessing the cost and schedule implications which may result from design changes
- 5+ years related work experience
- Completion of post secondary engineering education in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
- Familiar with industrial piping codes such as CSA Z662, ASME B31.3, ASME Section IX
- Demonstrate an exceptional computer background including experience with MS Word and Excel and scheduling software
- Experience and familiarity with Industrial Piping construction methodology and practices is required
- Able to read, understand, and interpret engineering documents
- Exceptional communication skills, confident interacting with key contacts in verbal, written and electronic form
- Capable of responding to project stakeholder requests in typical situations and understands client needs and works to meet those needs by offering assistance and advice on standard practical issues
- Ability to identify problems/issues and generates solutions and makes sound decisions using standard procedures
- 5 days on, 2 days off, 10 hours per day
- This position is located in the Lower Mainland, BC
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
Feb 24, 2022
8051 Enterprise Street, Burnaby, BC, Canada