You will prepare outside plant (OSP) drawings for telecommunications projects. You will have working knowledge of utility services and permitting requirements of municipalities. You will be skilled in utilizing AutoCAD or other current versions of the software.
In this role, you must be capable of drafting clear, detailed, and complete drawings with accurate detail that incorporates permitting ordinances, design inputs, sketches, field notes, and must be able to comprehend, interpret, and render verbal inputs from the field teams as required. A solid understanding and experience working in coordinate systems is desirable.
*Please note: we are also open to seeing new grad applicants from a Civil\Architectural design program as well.
Apply now and come join the Toronto Ledcor Telecom team today!
- The role is responsible for preparing permit or utility application drawings from conceptual to construction version, drawn to scale, appropriately detailed of the necessary information required for permit approvals
- Develop base maps from available municipal data sources, utility records, GIS datasets and field survey information
- Work with the GIS group to incorporate landbase, utility information, existing plant records and municipal data to create base maps
- Interact with engineers / designers to develop preliminary and construction drawings from preliminary concepts, surveys and design standards
- Prepare permit drawings, outside plant construction drawings, and final as-built drawings.
- Prepare permit applications in strict conformance with municipal permit requirements, particularly with City drawing standards
- Create buried and aerial utility plant utility drawings in accordance with CSA and utility standards
- Prepare plan and profile drawings in CAD which include duct design, occupancy, route alignment, manhole and structure details.
- Review and validate designs in accordance with CSA standards, municipal and client standards.
- Perform duties such as creating and plotting drawing sets, updating as-built records and document control
- Maintain CAD document archive and retrieval for projects.
- QA/QC of own work to ensure that drawings are checked, approved and filed in accordance with company quality system
- Perform/assist quantity takeoffs based on drawing information
- Graduate of a CAD drafting technician or technology program (preference is for civil, Architectural or electrical engineering technologist)
- Should have 1-2 years on the job experience as a CAD Technician / Designer Well versed in AutoCAD
- Experience with outside plant design for utilities or municipality utility infrastructure
- Working knowledge of coordinate systems, projections and interacting with GIS databases
- Working knowledge of GIS databases, including Google Earth or ArcGIS
- Prior experience with Telecommunication utility outside plant (OSP) networks is an asset
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
Feb 17, 2022
344 Bathurst St, Toronto, ON, Canada