You are a leader within the forestry resource industry; having significant experience leading fibre procurement and biomass operations in the local market. As the VP – Woodlands & Fibre Procurement you will be responsible for leading and directing fibre procurement for Ledcor's Chilliwack sawmill (600,000 m3 annually), a chip reload facility and biomass operations, including trucking logistics and oversight. This position entails close alignment with the sawmill management team and operations financial group to ensure an integrated approach to the overall forest operations.
This pivotal role will allow you to join one of Canada’s leading employee-owned organizations. This position is an integral part of the senior management team providing input, leadership and direction to the business.
Come join our True Blue team today!
- Woodlands management – harvesting off of Non replaceable forest licenses, permit application, harvesting and silviculture and reclamation.
- Strategic planning and direction for the forestry sector
- Preparation of board materials and reports to the Board. Participate in enterprise wide initiatives
- Profit and loss responsibility for the Woodlands, Fibre Supply, Biomass and trucking operations
- Lead community, first nations and government relationships
- Oversight of the log sales & marketing programs
- Manage ongoing client relationship with established and long-term clients
- Responsible for business development; sourcing and securing new client relationships
- Sets expected levels of documentation, standards for accounting issues. Profit and loss statements including variance analyses
- Demonstrates leadership in health and safety. Promotes overall compliance of Ledcor HS&E standards, applicable OH&S Acts, regulations and codes with all employees and subcontractors
- Ensures environmental standards are met or exceeded.
- Carrying out forest management activities, including working directly with First Nations, government and major licensees in BC to ensure long term success.
- Provides clear direction to team members and distributes workload to capitalize on individual and group strengths while ensuring balanced exposure to work experience and development opportunities.
- Anticipate potential issues; prepare short/long term solutions to issues
- 15+ years’ experience within the forestry industry; with 5+ years as a Senior Manager with P&L responsibility.
- A Registered Professional Forester (RPF) or Professional Engineer (PE) designation will be highly regarded
- A demonstrated background of building and maintaining effective relationships with key external stakeholders is required
- A history of business development and maintaining key client relationships is required
- Strong computer skills, including MS Excel, and ability to quickly learn new software
- Strong problem-solving skills with excellent attention to detail
- Highly organized, with an ability to manage multiple tasks, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills, combined with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work effectively in a team environment
Ledcor Resources & Transportation combines our trucking, marine, and forestry operations to offer integrated supply chain services to British Columbia’s forestry and bioenergy industry. We produce and deliver biofuel, wood chips, and kraft pulp by land and by sea.
Learn more about our Forestry Group at: https://www.ledcor.com/what-we-do/forestry.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
Mar 23, 2022
3302 Appaloosa Road, Kelowna, BC, Canada