You're a Project Controls Specialist with a keen interest in supporting major telecommunication construction projects. In this role, you will work closely with the Senior Project Controls Specialist on reporting, scheduling, cost controls, cost coding and budget reporting forecasts. You will provide technical and management support to the field construction operations team for a progress monitoring tool.
This position can be based in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg or Toronto with flexible remote working arrangements.
Come join Ledcor Technical Services today!
- Prepare complex reports in PowerBI/Excel for internal and external distribution
- Provide technical support for various in-house progress tracking and scheduling applications
- Provide support of the creation and maintenance of the project schedule and provides ongoing updates to project stakeholders
- Maintain and evaluate project progress including earned value management on a regular basis
- Implement the cost management process including assisting with budget and chart of account development
- Review and validate production quantity and invoices
- Assist with change management functions with creation of proposals and field
- Continuously improve project administrative processes and procedures to enhance efficiencies for the projects. Monitor procedures and practices, thinking creatively and strategically to create improvements.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or Finance
- 3+ years of experience in Project Controls
- Experience with engineering and construction-based cost and scheduling systems (Productivity, performance measurement, progress tracking, change management, etc.)
- Intermediate knowledge of Primavera P6 and resource loading
- Ability to understand terminology and processes in project controls and extract relevant information
- Knowledge of main construction office processes
- Demonstrated conceptual, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Excellent time management and organization skills, with the proven ability to juggle and reprioritize based on business demands and priorities
- Capable of responding to project stakeholder requests in typical situations and understands client needs and works to meet those needs by offering assistance and advice on standard practical issues.
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and perform complex functions within Excel
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
Apr 19, 2022
7008 Roper Road NW, Edmonton, AB, Canada